Tipperary GAA 2023

I heard the same.

Show me a good loser, and Iā€™ll show you a loser etc.

He is a truly awful referee.

1 Like

They are miles behind the news over there.

Iā€™d say Cahill is a hard man to get on with. Strikes me a sort who wouldnā€™t be fond of delegating

1 Like

Cahill and Lohan canā€™t keep a backroom team and seem very slow to delegate, meanwhile Kiely will bring anyone on board who he thinks might be an asset and just lets them do their job.
Thatā€™s the difference between the manager and the coaching manager.

1 Like

Cahill must work very closely with Bevans but other than that it does seem to be the case.

TJ Ryan has been with him in all his Tipp management positions as well. Not entirely sure if heā€™s staying on (cc @peddlerscross).

If youā€™ve two lads who have been with him all along it must make it very difficult for others to get their voice heard.

You know nothing of Brian Lohan if you think he is slow to delegate. You could argue too slow on the line to make changes at times but thatā€™s a different matter

1 Like

Its very important to be able to empower those who work under you. I keep a close eye on the collective but at the same time allow them to run with their own judgement. I wont always agree with some of the things they do, but for the most part it all works well for brand MBB.

Cahill 100% a man that doesnā€™t believe in Stats.

Pure eye-test driven choices.

1 Like

Wait till they hear who is coming into the set up.

2 Likes

I think that is changing. The different backroom team he is building will be a sign of that.

Yes, there is a wild ruthless edge to Cahill, however I think last year was a steep learning curve and he knows what he did last year will not be good enough to try knock Limerick off their perch.

The style of hurling he played with the Tipp 21s/20s was perfectly suited to the athletic profile of the Waterford team. Not so much the current Tipp panel. He is adjusting now.

2 Likes

Aussie?

1 Like

In fairness a blind man could see that Cahill-Ball wouldnt work with the current Tipp hurling panel.

A man close to the set-up said a few weeks ago that at least 8 of the 2023 panel were to be dropped. Where he finds 8 replacements remains to be seen.

The best players in this years Club Championship are probably the exact opposite of the typical Liam Cahill prototype - Stephen Cahill, Darragh Woods, Billy Seymourā€¦

Drew Harris has a lot to answer for.

1 Like