Tipperary GAA 2023

1 Like

Sars have started well but Kiladangan look to have them sussed

Could be a case of Kiladangan wastefulness costing them here like against Borris a few years ago

The laziness of the Kiladangan full forward line when beaten is fierce impressive

1 Like

Willie Connors is imperious. A fit Connors would be huge for Tipp.

You’d think he’d be a good fit for Cahill’s style

To me, the Flynns and Quigley are not good enough for championship hurling. Maybe Alan Flynn should be keeping his mouth shut.

5 Likes

A real classic of the drunken player interview genre

2 Likes

Some rant.

A touch of the Fr Ted about it

2 Likes

Some amount of buses down around there that lads keep falling under

2 Likes

That was the first thing that entered my head.

Over the two games you’d be picking the Flynns ahead of the likes of Conor Stakelum anyway

Stakelum can be agricultural enough but adds something. Alan Flynn is pushing 30 and never really did it for Tipp. A fine club hurler but there’s a big difference

If Sean Hayes could be arsed, he has the makings of a fine IC hurler. The impression I get is that he isn’t all that bothered, which is his prerogative.

I can’t see what Stakelum adds. About 6 or 7 Kiladangan long range scores over the two games came from the area of the pitch he played in. He scored nothing over the two games either.

If Tipp are depending on the likes of him to get to Croke Park then ye will be in the doldrums for a long time yet

I think this is the case unfortunately. I don’t think there’s a huge amount coming through that will change that yet.

I think if Tynan’s hurling continues to get sharper, Stakelum will become more of an impact sub.

I didn’t see the game Sunday as I was in Dublin.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

They won’t be called in now either.

A good traditional hurling surname. That’s enough.

1 Like

I thought over both days Willie Connors lorded it. I saw a few senior county finals over the weekend and last couple of weeks and he was the standout performer. He brings a real steal to Kiladangan, can link the play and can take a score too. Sarsfields had no answer for him. They had 40 odd scoring opportunities to about 26 or 27 to Sars. That disparity was in large part due to Connors. This Kiladangan group have probably uhderachieved. They’ll never have a crop of players like them again. Probably no real standouts or superstars but all 7 or 8 out of 10 performers with no obvious weak links. Obviously they never got an opportunity to play in munster the last time they won it. Tipp clubs have a dismal record in recent times but they are as well equipped as any in recent memory to have a crack off it.

Na Piarsaigh and Ballygunner look on a collision course again. It’d take some effort for another team to beat either of them.

The Flynns/Connors/Quigley were never going to fall into the Hall of Famer category but are still way better than some of the lads on the Tipp panel this year. Some of the lads around the panel were miles and miles off it.

There was always a running joke when Egan was involved that they’d too many involved, so by the time Cahill got there, he went the other way and culled more or less all of them.

It was always going to be Kildangan vs The World in this years Co. Championship and they are now taking the opportunity to ram it down everyone’s throats which is fair enough for the week thats in it. They had an edge to them all year and fair play.

They just need to go out and back it up in a few weeks against Clonlara.

That article won’t help anyone else in Kiladangan looking to get a call up though.