Tipperary GAA 2023

What was Conorā€™s club in Tipperary?

Upperchurch Drombane

The PRO signed off on the piece at the end.

Itā€™s a piece that would have made for mouth watering content in the Tipperary Star but for Tipperary GAA to publish this is simply incredible and another indication of the amateur PR in the county.

These comments have been thrown totally out of proportion and were clearly in the heat of the moment. Iā€™m sure if Flynn had have been interviewed an hour later he would have been in a much clearer head space.

1 Like

The PRO is a thick ignorant useless cunt

6 Likes

New tipp football manager is getting a fine appraisal on WhatsApp

Exactlyā€¦.

He made sure to sign off too the simple Cunt.

2 Likes

I have it on good authority he has no regrets :grinning:

For what its worth I think Flynn is right in what heā€™s saying as a blind man could see it was a co-ordinated plan to get rid of the Kiladangan lads and Cahill has form from Waterford in getting rid of lads in a bad manner.

On balance though Flynn should have stayed quiet and just enjoyed the win before focusing on Clonlara. There is more pressure than there should be now to do well in Munster.

Comeuppance was a strange way to describe Ballyhaleā€™s defeat in the Killkenny County Final as well. He has a pretty shit writing style.

4 Likes

There was a coordinated effort to move a number of the 2022 panel on. It just so happened Kiladangan had a load of players in that bracket who despite being in the top 30 players in the county had never made it as a top 15 players despite 4/5/6 years on the panel and plenty of chances.

I will say the manner of this cutting was too abrupt.

1 Like

Alan got ample opportunities and didnā€™t do enough.

Paul was limited in game time tbf but I wouldnā€™t rate him as IC standard anyway.

Quigley again limited enough chances with injuries so that was a tough call.

Hogan could probably be aggrieved losing his position but I heard rumours he was acting the Cunt in training with Shelley afterwards and panellist had to call him out on it.

Nobody Ƭs saying the Kiladangan lads were world beaters, but they were definitely still better than the lads called in to replace them.

Thats where the problem is.

Cahill tried to make a statement dropping them the same way as he did with Connors/Shanahan in Waterford.

Alan Flynn definitely better than Connolly from CKC, I agree.

I think Connolly is a long term better prospect. Plenty of hurling in him. Would be a tad worried about him on the turn. Was chatting to auld lad on phone this evening - he said if thereā€™s a Tipp panel with the Flynns and Quigley, we might as well forget about winning anything for the next number of years.

I think Alan Flynn is a fantastic club player and I think with Tipp he showed he was worth a place on the panel but the rest of them showed they werenā€™t good enough bar maybe Connors.

Whatā€™s the story with Connors? Why wasnā€™t he starting games for Kiladangan?

He has suffered terribly from injuries over the last 2 years.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t have been out of place up on the Thurles Sarsfields Facebook page

I had thought Dundon had moved away from The Star to a job with the HSE or somewhere?

His father was some titan of journalism to be fair.

Iā€™m not sure the move from the HSE was self motivated or ā€œencouragedā€ by the Tipp Star owners. It was nearly a personal diary for Dundon at one stage, with him writing 75% of the content.

Broke his ankle in 2 places in some match against Kerry almost 2 years ago. As with those injuries there is always set backs and other problems that arise. Heā€™d be a fair addition back into the set up given that he is still only 26/27. Iā€™d be shocked if he wasnt asked back in. He wouldnt really have the height for wing back line. Heā€™d be much better in the role Ronan Maher is currently playing in for Tipp in my opinion. Certainly more legs to cover the ground and wouldnt have to sit as deep covering the D. His distribution is excellent too.

Iā€™d say heā€™d be too much of a ā€œfree spiritā€ for Cahillā€™s liking