Tipperary GAA 2023

They didnt come much more free spirited than Cahill himself back in the day.

3 Likes

Its a bit of a messy now for Cahill.

Iā€™m sure heā€™s journalists ringing him left, right and centre looking for a response.

What does he do with the Kiladangan lads? I would say Flynn x2 wont be getting a recall anyway, but Hogan surely retains his place on the panel and Hayes/Seymour should definitely get call ups. Connors must be a borderline one. Decky McGrath too.

If he doesnt call them up, heā€™ll be seen as being pig ignorant and if he does call them up, heā€™ll be seen as bowing down.

Best thing for Cahill would be if Kiladangan perform badly in Munster and its Flynn who looks like he got carried away with himself.

Shur just bring them in, tell the lads, lookit, thats all said and done, clean slate, lets all pull together now.

And then fuck them off the panel in March.

1 Like

Connors did well for Kiladangan in that position but isnā€™t strong enough aerially at inter county level.
He needs to return to 2019 levels of fitness at which point heā€™d be a viable option at 9,10,12 or possibly a roving 13.

Ronan will be a certain starter for Tipperary but best honing his hurling skills whilst attempting to hide his lack of pace is a challenge.

As a Tipp supporter, Iā€™m far more pissed off with Dundon/Cullen than some throwaway comments by Alan Flynn ten minutes after a county final.

Iā€™m sure there are plenty of those in Thurles Sarsfields incensed by Dundons rant also.

1 Like

@peddlerscross is there an online copy of Dundonā€™s Monday club rant?

https://x.com/tipperarygaa/status/1719811653867311287?s=46&t=naJekC2sVA0B68lxi_xLWA

Not that one; there was an article in the Tipperary Star about 10 or 12 years ago where he went to town on the panel

Tipperary Hurling in the Dock

By Noel Dundon

Members of the Tipperary senior hurling team have come in for some very sharp criticism following their defeat at the hands of Limerick in Sundayā€™s Munster semi-final in Semple Stadium.

Losing the game was bad enough and resulted in supporters leaving the venue shaking their heads in disgust. But, word of a ā€˜drowning of sorrowsā€™ on Sunday evening and again on Monday, in and around Thurles, has left supporters very angry and questioning where Tipperary are going.

Itā€™s natural that players might like to let their hair down after a high octane battle, but the optics are not good, especially considering that there have been real problems in the past with the so-called ā€˜Monday clubā€™. Limerick - defending Munster champions remember - had a Monday club too. They assembled early in UL to get the legs going again after the extertions of battle.

We had hoped that the players had turned a corner following a very indifferent league campaign. The League Final performance gave false hope that perhaps a summer of content may be around the corner. Those hopes are now dashed as the qualifer route awaits The Premier County. Again.

So, itā€™s time for Tipperary to man up, as a management team; as a squad of players; as a County Board. There is a need for change - everyone can see it. Management have hard decisions to make affecting practically every line of the team. A radical shake-up should be on the cards - they have a few weeks to get it right, and there should be casualties. There can be no more excuses now - either perform, or warm the bench. We have spent too long in Tipperary listening to soundbites such as ā€˜Itā€™s all about the performanceā€™. Well, if it is, then players need to look in the mirror and ask themselves the question - did I perform on Sunday? Did I put in an honest shift? Did I funk it?

Unfortunately, the answer to many of these questions, and more, will not be positive ones. The management team have protected the players in the past and refused to be critical of them. They rightly state that they have given their all in preparation for the big games. But, glossing over the issues cannot be tolerated any more. In doing so, the Tipperary public are being treated with contempt. Letā€™s call a spade, a spade. And, letā€™s be honest with each other here. No fudge, just honesty.

If Tipperary did not have the players to perform, there would not be the same level of anger over the way things are going - and anger it is. Callers to this newspaper have vented their fury - Tipp FM likewise. But, Tipp have the players and a bit of bravery is now required to shake-up the comfort zone.

The challenge is being thrown down to the management team and to the players. No more funking it; no more catchy soundbites; no more dishonesty on the field. Get back to basics, get doing what we do best and get this ship moving again. The experience of 2010 should help - get out the diary and see how it was done.

A root and branch analysis of each line is necessary - the subs bench too. Letā€™s see players with a bit of graft, a bit of spunk about them, a bit of character. Letā€™s see Tipperary players prepared to throw in the bones, take a tough tackle, give a hard shoulder, put up the hand and catch that ball. Spoofers need not apply.

Tipperary hurling has been reduced to being lashed on TV, lambasted in the national press and lampooned on the airwaves. Thatā€™s not good enough and itā€™s time to say stop. Itā€™s time for responsibility to be taken.

2 Likes

The Dundon piece has been deleted off the website and Tipperary social media channels.

Our PRO should do the decent thing now and get his coat too.

1 Like

There isnā€™t exactly lads cueing up to do them roles.

He has done some good work but this is a huge mistake.
Having an opinion piece on a Tipperary GAA website is unnecessary anyway and always like to lead to this, especially when the club season started.

He has created unnecessary publicity and is an out & out imbecile

2 Likes

Called it.

I see a post on Premierview mentioning Dundonā€™s ā€œplumā€ role in the HSE and his/his paperā€™s unwavering support for Lord Lowry of Tipperary in the same sentence. It doesnā€™t take a genius to see the insinuation :smiley:

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/niall-omeara-retirement-announcement/

What a time to score your first Tipp goal

5 Likes

Fine player.

Pity about the injuries. A little like Gearoid Ryan, he always played when fit.

1 Like

@StoneCold will you be at the big one in Clonoulty tomorrow?

I think I might hop on the bandwagon tomorrow but I will forego the trip to West Limerick in the event of a Drom win.

The last time Drom were in Kileedy they had a vintage Seamus Butler pulling the strings against a ā€œdoggedā€ Garryspillane side, whose vocal support led to a fervent atmosphere. I donā€™t think this Drom team has the same appeal.

You could almost see the tears from the publican next door when Drom eventually won after an all too frequent replay, as he was probably losing out on a few shillings from the Garryspillane crowd.

1 Like

What year was that?

Youā€™d wonder would Drom be principled enough to walk away from that Ponzi Scheme in West Limerick this time.