Tipperary GAA 2023

2019 though the match vs Garryspillane was in January 2020.

Drom’s third team tend to yoyo between Junior A and Junior B; the gap between the two grades is stark

1 Like

An officer of the club complained about the cost of running buses down there 4 or 5 times; the hope was that a couple of dozen supporters would travel with the players to offset the cost but it didn’t really materialise

Unreal - in that bizarre couple of months pre-Covid.

I remember when we were down there, we were beaten (hammered) in the All Ireland Semi Final by Tynagh-Abbey Duniry from Galway. Liam Hodgins (Galway’s Captain in the 2001 AI Final) at 6 and Kevin Broderick at 12.

They had lads out around the middle scoring points off the hurley, on the run from 80 yards. They subsequently lost the final after they had to pull a few players who had major eligibility concerns hanging over them.

A total joke of a competition with a World Record for Draws and ineligible players left, right and centre.

2 Likes

The terrible playlist playing over the tannoy and fleecing of supporters for lotto tickets sort of dulls the appeal alright; dressing rooms are small enough too apparently despite the investment in the place. Though they do the post match hospitality well in fairness to them.

A Johnny Maher inspired Loughrea won it that year I was last in attendance, beating St Vincent’s second team I think. A club the size of Vincent’s second team in a Junior B competition :smiley:

1 Like

Admission prices would have been 20 euro too way back when. Probably up at All Ireland Senior Final prices now with inflation.

Waiting until everyone has ordered at least their second drink before beginning the MOTM Presentation ceremony another little tradition they have.

2 Likes

Bring out the finger food after 4 pints then

1 Like

That event is a bucket list sporting occasion for me. Hopefully I’ll make it there some day.

1 Like

Dressing rooms are small alright. Nice setup otherwise though.

Keeping lads in the bar by delaying everything is a classic should be a book called the “Art of Bar”

“Finger food must be delayed as long as possible.
When delivered it must be as salty as possible.”

1 Like

@peddlerscross do Clonoulty only open their main pitch for their own matches?

The top pitch is the winter pitch. Its become a real boutique venue for this kind of fixture.

Last years hall of fame clash between Solohead and Thurles Sarsfields also took place on the top pitch.

In Horse Racing terms the bottom pitch is the July Course at Newmarket with the top pitch being the Rowley Mile.

2 Likes

I read Sheedy giving out after Junior B been run off in July and teams out in a week. What is the hurry? That Munster thing doesn’t start until December.

No self respecting Junior B wants to be playing top of the ground hurling

I’m watching on YouTube bringing two toddlers in this weather didn’t appeal.

Ref letting it flow; end to end stuff

1 Like

Franny Quinn referring to the Cappa subs as “The Bomb Squad” on commentary :grinning:

2 Likes

What a goal from Lupton.

Game, set and match. It’ll be some night in The Ragg.

1 Like

Hopefully. Place could do with a bit of life in it

1 Like

That’s their second win in 3 years in it?

Bit of a Rosenborg situation developing.

Yeah but I’d say only 2 or 3 of that team were playing in 2019, the career Junior types

That’s fair enough I suppose.

As you said, you’ll struggle to find a bigger gap in standard than there is between the Tipperary junior A and junior B grades.

Drom will struggle to field a third team next year. Half that team today will retire and those that stay on would be totally exposed at Junior A

1 Like