Tipperary GAA 2024

There’s always been loads of GAA in Australia mate. The players just don’t get incentives to play like in USA. Loads of ex intercounty hurlers playing

1 Like

Brackens have a lovely chemistry built up from years playing together. The team is built around Cadell, Murphy, McBride, Ormonde and Fairbrother who effectiveness grew up together and had a fair bit of success underage and with Our Ladys. All coming into their prime now.

Holycross have so many hurlers now, picking their best team is going to be an issue. They probably finished with a stronger team than what started. Gould and Robbie Ryan made a different when they came on. Getting Barrett more involved will be key. He’s not really a centre forward but they already have loads of backs.

Going to be close between Cashel and Upperchurch for the Premier Intermediate. Cashel have some team on paper now between the Connollys, Brownes, Ryans, Bonnars, Cathal Quinn, Oisin O’Donoghue and Conor O’Dwyer. I’ve seen them twice this year and they are going well.

They are, the Cunts

2 Likes

The nephews sent me a Snapchat this evening and they roaring Tipp Tipp Tipp at the camera, after the initial 3 seconds of disgust for my sister allowing things to ever get to this point, i was delighted for them. Their first memory of a big Tipp won in the company of their friends. Great times.

Tipp Tipp Tipp :clap:

10 Likes

I’d genuinely be suprised if anyone could begrudge that group of young lads, allegiances aside, they beat all odds, it’s so admiriable.
Fuck Tipp.

8 Likes

They are a great bunch, exciting times ahead.

1 Like

Savage win tonight for ye in fairness

That was unbelievable

1 Like

Thoughts on Woodlock as a future Senior manager.

He has now won 2 × minor all Irelands. Both finals with late winners. Both semi finals aet. The Munster final in 22 on pens. That’s more than luck, it’s a team built on fight, desire and resilience.

Sheedy won a minor in 06 and got the senior job in late 07. Big Dec won the minor in 07 and got the senior job in late 10. Times have changed and that no longer meets the experience required to be the Tipp senior manager.

In his favour the teams he put out play a traditional style of Tipperary hurling which will put him in vogue with the old timers.

There are serious questions about his emotional intelligence and discipline. He is a loose cannon.
He definitely has the moxy to go for it.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have Woodlock near it as i think he’s overly wound up and will cause a riot some day but i liked the way he hugged O’Hora after coming off. Showed a softer side.

Going to be big pressure on Cummins with the 20’s next year. Try picking a forward line given all 6 of this years starting unit that played v Offaly are underage and Paddy McCormack, Robbie Ryan, Sam Rowan and Cormac Fitzpatrick waiting in the wings… then there’s all the Minors from the other night like Adam Ryan, Billy O’Brien, Tobin, Minogue and Doughan.

About 15 snipers in Cooper Helmets vying for 6 spots.

3 Likes

That will be some forward line to pick. They could potentially move O Donoghue back the field to free up another spot.

There will have to be an obligatory big man or two which is likely to be English/Joe Egan.
Conor Martin & Darragh McCarthy will start but after that there will be savage competition, this is also against the back drop that Cummins will likely play a sweeper again which will drive lads over the edge if they don’t win an All Ireland.

Offaly could be vulnerable next year as there better players will have to play senior and Dan Bourke is gone.

I don’t think his management style, which is pretty strict, works well with youngsters, as they will listen to management and take direction and generally follow orders. Whether that is suitable to grown men is another matter

1 Like

His spell in charge of Drom Seniors was affected by Covid so maybe best to just write it off.

@endakenny I forgot Jamie Ormonde too who nailed 6 points for JK Brackens at the weekend in his Club Senior Debut.

I presume Offaly will be allowed play all U20 games outside the 48 hour rule with Senior games so Screeney et al will be allowed play both.

1 Like

Loughmore had an impressive 2.26 to 2.20 victory over Thurles Sars yesterday in the Mid Quarter Finals - a mini surprise perhaps?

Boherlahan made their debut at the premier intermediate great with a noticeable 16 to 13 victory over Gortnahoe yesterday in the Mid Quarter.

Killenaule gave St.Marys a trimming down south 1.26 to 14. I know Seamus Kennedy is injured but I’m expecting more at this stage from the Clonmel side.

The two majors trimmings dished out yesterday also - Cashel 2.32 Sean Treacys 15 and Moneygall 8.25 Shannon Rovers 2.10

That Cashel side is fairly stacked. How many outsiders? 6?

1 Like

St Mary’s also down James Morris who recently tore his ACL.

Big losses for Commercials too.

Cashel have an unbelievable team on paper for Intermediate level. Only 3 outsiders started yesterday I think.

Not sure Billy will make senior inter County, though his breeding helps. 4 1st cousins Billy, Grace lighting it up with senior camogie, Barry Coffey pulling strings for Cork City, and Ruaidhan Quinn a recent u20 rubby grand slam winner

2 Likes

He’s not slow about bigging himself up anyway, post match interview “what we told the players, they listened to us” etc. Anyone hear him on OTB this morning?

Loughmore have a very promising midfielder, Connolly? Does he still play?