Tipperary GAA 2024

Loughmore take the lead for the first time in the game in the 61st minute to best Drom-Inch in the Mid Semi Final

@peddlerscross must be a happy man this evening after Annacarthy’s win over the UN

5 Likes

Loughmore dominated the second half to be fair to them and hit some terrible wides. They play Moycarkey in the final, Eddie Brennan eventually getting a tune out of them. I think it’s their first final appearance since 2001 which is a long time for a club that of their size and tradition.

North final is Kiladangan v Toome. Toome beating Nenagh is a slight surprise. Barry O Connell a nice addition for Toome this year. Another year without a north for Templederry.

South PIHC/senior final: Swan beat Mull and play Killenaule in the final.
North PIHC: Burgess v Silvermines
West PIHC: cashel v Eire Og
Mid PIHC: Upperchurch v Sars B

Where’s BOC playing for Toome? Centre-back?

He’ll be some loss for us :cry:

Wing back v Roscrea anyway, didn’t see yesterdays game. Ya must be a huge loss, not a million miles from Toome to Kildimo.

2 Likes

Battle of the moneybags clubs between Moycarkey and the Taliban. Loughmore paying former Offaly manager Eamon Kelly to be manager and a coach alongside him and if rumours are to be believed Moycarkey are coughing up 30k a year for Fast Eddie.

He works in Dublin and is living in tipp with a young family. Not see to get time off either for games.

1 Like

I know some of the proceeds of the fundraiser is going towards Moycarkeys 1k donoation to the county board but its not really a good look for the Tipperary Social Media page to be pushing an individual clubs fundraiser? - If say Thurles Sars or Carrick Swan do a fundraiser down the line and some of the funds go to the county board then will the county social media pages be pushing those fundraisers too? Like where will it stop

Totally agree, sure there could be 72 fundraisers to pay back the €1,000 the clubs “owe” the county board.
There is a bake sale in Grangemockler with 20% of the funds going towards the Tipperary county board

2 Likes

Have ye put the pitchforks back into the shed out west tipp way now that the mob was wrong?

What’s this?

Cappa

About the young lad missing or hurling related?

RIP Peter O’Sullivan , All Ireland winning goalkeeper in 1971.

9 Likes

Where Tipperary leads the rest will inevitably follow.

2 Likes

Brendan Cummins still in the goal for Ballybacon at 49 years of age. He’s probably still their best hope of survival in intermediate too with long range frees

5 Likes

He’s hanging on in there to play with the son who becomes eligible in two years time.

Tonight’s results:

Dan Breen cup:
Loughmore 4-21 Lorrha 1-17

PIHC:
Burgess 2-22 Killenaule 2-19
Carrick Swan 1-17 Upperchurch 1-15

IHC:
Portroe 3-16 Drom/Inch B 0-25

Swan beating Church in their return to premier intermediate the standout result. All those four teams could still likely be there near the end but the notion church would walk this championship has quelled.

Loughmore looking very good at the top grade.

1 Like

Ah shite I had the Church in my accumulator; that would be a bit of a shock there.

Drom scored the 3-17, Portroe 0-26. Drom were 3-11 to 13 up with about 20 minutes to go

2/7 was a poor price. Never back the early kickoff as they say.

Sorry I misread that? Did Drom blow it or was there a wind?

1 Like