Tipperary GAA 2024

Well beat by Moycarkey. 3-25 to 4-12.

Saw a good bit of Drom match and Kilruane looked good. Made hay aerially between the Clearys and Kian O’Kelly up front.

Seem to have everyone back including Darragh Peters.

Darragh Peters was probably the best player on a Tipp minor team hammered by an Aaron Shangher inspired Clare minors, they were probably the weakest minor team in the last 15 years but he was savage.

The bookies have made some killing this weekend, I don’t know how anyone could pull off an accum with these results:

SHC group 1:
Borris 1-16 Toome 0-17
Kilraune 4-20 Drom 1-25

Group 2:
Moycarkey beat Ros easy

Group 3:
Loughmore beat Lorrha

Group 4:
Clonoulty 4-20 Kiladangan 4-20

in the PIHC, Upperchurch and Cashel went into the weekend at the top of the betting and both were bet. Ballina got a notable win over Silvermines.

Sars B 0-27 Newport 2-14

The 3 grades of 16, 4 groups of 4 is an exceptional format.

1 Like

Don’t Tipp completely lose the run of themselves that day and have three sent off? 2014 I want to say

It was 2014, they’d 2 sent off but Clare were much better.

He’ll be very modest about that no doubt

What was the betting in Holycross vs Nenagh?

Holycross 15/8 Nenagh 4/9

Did Holycross win, I was told to back them but never did.

https://twitter.com/nenagheireog/status/1817550430336917950?t=u5UzZf2ojyGwt9b1nFpZTA&s=19

1 Like

Similar to predictions to Limerick GAA thread:

Senior Champions - Loughmore Castleiney
Senior Relegated - Templederry Kenyons
Premier Intermediate Champions - Upperchurch Drombane
Premier Intermediate Relegated - Newport
Intermediate Champions - Moneygall
Intermediate Relegated - Ballybacon Grange
Junior ‘A’ Champions - Holycross Ballycahill

You cunt*

*Probably correct.

3 Likes

A real earthiness to the Tipp GAA Clubs Draw live on Tipp FM tonight from the “Revel in The Ragg” cc @StoneCold

A highlight of any month.

Stephen Gleeson as MC introducing the show, interviewing Murtagh Brennan and other County Board officials about the lay of the land in Tipp GAA. A few words with proprietor of The Ragg, and Drom/Inch stalwart Seamus Butler too.

Timmy Floyd then taking over as ranconteur for the actual draw, calling various characters and stalwarts of Tipp GAA up to pull out the winning tickets. Seamie Callanan up first to pull the top prize 30k winner. Local comedian Johnny Luby knocking about. The prizes really are fantastic each month.

The Limerick’s will be delighted to note that Team Manager John Kiely came out of the draw and won a handy 1k and is paid into the draw on behalf of the Lattin/Cullen GAA club.

10 Likes

My father in law was telling me the Tipperary GAA draw used to be a ferocious session in it’s early years; people from all over would start turning up at the host venue in the late afternoon on a Friday evening in anticipation of the draw taking place. He recalled that it might even have been broadcast live on Tipp FM.

It seems that like most GAA scheduling it has been consigned to a graveyard slot on a Wednesday night.

1 Like

Its still absolutely BOX OFFICE. Around 20,000 paid up members and as many more who refuse to join because of some slight with some County Board fucker going back years.

Tonight was the July draw and I’m guessing that they held it as late as possible in the month to get as many new joiners for the Draw Calendar Year which runs from July until May.

I’m assuming it will revert back to its traditional Friday night slot going forward.

Still very much a staple of the Tipp FM Schedule too. Usually when held on a Friday night around 9pm, they start with the PRO calling out the Tipp team for the following Sunday’s game. Earlier this year they were in the The Clough Inn in Cloughjordan and when Craig Morgan’s name was called at number 4, the hooping and hollering from the punters in the background was something to behold.

2 Likes

17,000 according to our treasurer. They were hoping to hit the 20,000 mark this year. Clubs running their own Lotto and major fundraisers has irked the County Board.

2 Likes

Old lad joined it this year. I can’t recall him doing it before, maybe 20 years ago or so, but I’d say he got caught by his brother selling a few tickets. I wonder did he win anything this time. We won £1500 on the club lotto back around 2000, which was split four ways (even do the auld fella was the one putting in the money). £375 was serious spending money back then for a young lad in college. The only thing is I’d imagine he’s spent multiples of that on the club lotto as it’s going for 30 years now I think!

1 Like

Nenagh Eire Og make over 40k a year on it i believe while the County Board themselves would only make about 150k profit once all prize money and admin costs are accounted for.

I think the original idea was Babs/Michael Lowry but it was Timmy Floyd who was the original Draw Co-Ordinator and put in the hard yards to get it up and running. He managed to negotiate some commission deal for himself at the time which stands to this day nearly 40 years later and is quite generous by all accounts.

1 Like

We’d two draws in our parish at one point and players were playing in each one every second week. My numbers were 1973. The last time Limerick won the all Ireland at the time. They were Pulled out in one draw for 10k or so on the wrong week for me…

The last time I was in Dingle was around Feb 19. Anyway I was out one night and asked to buy a lotto ticket. I did and was then directed to a noticeboard with the results from the previous week. Some fella had won the jackpot the previous week in both the Dingle GAA and Lispole GAA ones were the same four numbers were drawn in both.

1 Like

Fuck it, if you believe A and B, you’ll believe C. All those draws are dodgy as fuck, fair play to them.