Tipperary GAA 2024

No offence to the chap but he wouldn’t do at all for me.

I think it’ll be Ronan Maher this year.

Our forwards need something more dynamic. He will try Seanie Ryan in forwards a lot this year but I’ve a feeling his best position might be on the bench, coming on with ten minutes left. I was disappointed with Ormond last weekend. He seems a bit lightweight for modern inter county. Kenneally will be interesting to see but maybe a year or two too early for him. Ditto Darragh Stakelum. I’m not sure Seymour or Hayes will make it but early days.

Tippos gone full AFR Limerick style c2004 naming championship teams😀

Could be time to build the thing arpund Jake Morris. For reasons you’ve stated above, you can hardly pick Forde and John McGrath. I’d go Forde 11, Jake 14 and put workers around them. Noel 15 and a free role maybe.

1 Like

Tipp need to build around O’Connor at 11 and O Mara at 6. McGrath Forde and Morris are fillers not foundations.

Agree with the sentiment but don’t think GOC will work at 11 in the modern game. Think he is much more effective at 10/12 with a bit of time inside at 14.

Tynan at 14?

Tynan at MF. Can be used as one of those interchangeable positions in the middle 3rd when that stronh running game takes off.

We’re lacking a standout no14 in panel bar Bonnar.

I still have faith in Kehoe for that yet. I know that is a small group who do.

1 Like

Morris is the main forward we have. The closest thing we have to a classic sniper in a yellow Cooper helmet. Mad to think 2018 was his first season and he’s still just 24. Last season felt like it was going to be a real breakout season for him before he got injured. It took Seamie a few seasons to really hit his stride (started with a bomb in 2008, trailed off in the 2010s before becoming best forward in country from 2014-16).

3 Likes

Morris or Forde in there.

Forde has neither the strength to be a conventional No 14 or pace to play the unconventional No 14.

He has wrists of gold but after ample chances he hasn’t shone yet.

A real pity.

He’s a goal threat, Forde*always) and McGrath at this phase are probably content moving away from goal and picking off points. I’d beintrigued with a 2 man line of Tynan and McGrath.

I’m afraid Tipp can try rearrange the deck chairs up front any way you want but are still struggling to be a top 4 team.

2 Likes

Pace is a bit of an issue throughout panel. Plenty of good stickmen about but they need to get to the ball.

1 Like

Daylight robbery here in Kileedy both on the gate and on the pitch as Drom score 3 goals in final 4 minutes to rob Monaleen

Great name for the Monaleen free taker - Max Ivory

Only second to Joe Caesar of Mary I/Tipperary

1 Like

The second Tipp Joe Caesar (and not related afaik)

Apes on Premier View enjoying the “ daylight robbery “ element of the result.

Whoever is running that shit pile are some immature apes.