Tipperary Matters

Not that I heard, unless O’Connor is married to one of the Egans? Woodlock not involved either. Good to see it kept in local hands

1 Like

@StoneCold has answered all that.

They had a reopening of sorts on Saturday night. I’m not sure they’ve changed a whole pile yet but sounds like they are going to give it a go. Hopefully it works out for them.

1 Like

There’s a good bit of land out the back you’d wonder is there plans to develop that or put a few houses on it. They got it for a steal if that’s the case.

Donal put in plans for a hotel during the Celtic Tiger but they were withdrawn. It would have been some eyesore if it went ahead.

Great potential for the Function Room there as is

Didn’t the Kennedys own the Ragg before Younge?

I think so yes, but that would be before my time.

Something very special about a Drom/Inch jersey with Donal Younge’s Ragg on the front of it.

They did, years ago. I heard Woodlock was involved too. That was from a Drom man.

Would they have been the owners when nightclub was going?

Twas a wild spot

Yes, I think so, John Kennedy had it

Liam Kennedy’s Dad John owned it. He was born in a pub in bandit country in the hills where Upperchurch, Borrisoleigh, Templederry and Kilcommon parishes all meet.

Ya Kennedys had it before Younges and I think sold if for good money. Then the son took on the County Bar. The son now will be heading the syndicate running The Ragg again.

Will be hard to turn a profit to pay a syndicate but I’d imagine once it washes it’s face they’d be happy enough as it’s a fine site / premesis so shouldn’t really lose any value in the long term.

I’d imagine they’ll also get a good turn from the parish initially as they are all well liked.

The bar / lounge aren’t really the best laid out. It’s all a bit long and narrow.

Yeah probably. But most of the Drom crowd prefer drinking in Templemore than The Ragg.

That’s the Drom crowd for you

1 Like

Glastrogen

Officially Templederry parish i think.

Before or after the metal bridge?

County Tipperary
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8bzpVbsA1TTqzXZU8

Not on that Metal Bridge road

1 Like

Some going by Peter Ryan. He looks like he’s in agony. Running from Malin to Mizen in 5 days in aid of the National Council of the Blind. Went from Nenagh to Kanturk today.

3 Likes

Them Ryan (jacks) are hardy boys. Fair play to him.

1 Like