Tipperary Matters

I used to gig up there in the congo bar regularly around 20 years ago. I always found them fairly alright up there. Lots of boy racer types.

2 Likes

Yeah would be a fair few Levi 501s and brown boot types alright

1 Like

They were mad into the soccer though

Congo is a great bar for a bar in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

I dunno, but i have an awful sense of deja vu about this. Did something similar happen up there in the past?

No that was in Cork mate. And they shot him in the back.

4 Likes

The only rebel they ever had

The only two real proper restaurants in Tipp Town, Prime 74 and Flanagans both closing their doors within days of eachother.

Grim.

The Townhouse continues to serve

Townhouse Deli?

Not a restaurant as such but good to have it.

The one and only

I’d say the Carvery out in Dunnes and the Plaza have it all sewn up.

They do.

The country is fucked. It’s stuck in a spiral of ever increasing costs and everyone feeling worse off.

5 Likes

Seems to be more places closing now than during the recession.

I’ve ate in Prime 74 before and twas decent, Flanagans I’ve never set foot in. Tis real last-person-switch-off-the-lights territory with Tipp at this stage.

1 Like

There was a touch of class to Prime 74. Flanagans more pub grub but still a good spot.

Its very sad. People are very downtrodden about this. Both places appeared on the face of it to be doing a decent trade.

https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2024/0121/1427622-restaurants-ireland/

The gubbermint need to be doing more.

Has Hugo’s on Baggot Street survived?

The first thing they could do is reduce the extortionate commercial rates on businesses set by the county council.