Tipperary v's Waterford

MBB doesn’t do specificity.

I am all encompassing really.

Well in this specific scenario it is. Whereas if you were playing elsewhere you wouldn’t be risking as much by going for a catch.

What was the attendance today?

47k or so

Get on Tipp. They are going to win this.

Alright I suppose.

The All Ireland or the match on TV now?

:stuck_out_tongue: Both.

Not great. The semi in 2008 drew 56,365.

That was at the height of the Celtic Tiger :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Sheedy deserves some creit tonight for the positional changes and his general set up. John O’ Brien got 6 points from play, Noel McGrath destroyed Brick. Pauric Maher played well, but he also got an extra bit out of Conor O’ Mahoney, i still have my reservations about him, and Rice could really test him, but he was excellent today. Curran and the whole full back line in general (or as a unit) had an easy enough day, due in some ways to the brilliance of their play and also Waterfords poor tactics.

Sheedy seems to be learning all the time

Davy is a good man to have a plan, and to train a team to the max, but he isn’t great to change things during a game, no plan B really. Maybe he simply didn’t have the players for it.

Tipp have judged this perfectly. They will only improve from here. The ambush will be delivered.

Sid your a fiece man for knee jerk reactions. Wiat till the week of the game to make up your mind.

Rumours abound that the dog was a Tipperary dog *

McGrath’s daughter bitten by dog

Waterford star Ken McGrath rushed from Croke Park to his three-year-old daughter’s bedside in Cork University Hospital after yesterday’s All-Ireland hurling semi-final defeat to Tipperary.

A taxi was arranged to take McGrath to Cork immediately after the game. It’s understood that McGrath’s daughter, Ali, was bitten by a dog in Waterford on Saturday and was brought to Cork for surgery. And yesterday, Waterford manager Davy Fitzgerald revealed that the Mount Sion stalwart had not been told about the accident before the game at the request of his family.

Fitzgerald said McGrath was “very distressed” after the game and left as quickly as he could.

He said: "I don’t think he was told. Whatever about hurling, the most important thing is your family and please God she will be okay on that front.

"It would be very hard for Ken - that was his family’s decision (not to inform him before the game). We would have had no problem whatsoever.

“We would have had no problem if he wanted to get back for that. That wasn’t a problem with us. That was their decision and that was the way they wanted it. The family is number one and that’s okay.”

Fitzgerald added that the accident put losing a hurling match “into perspective”.

• I have just made up this rumour.

Such a knee jerk reaction that I tipped Tipp from the start of the championship.

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked-b/Library/SF623/451602.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked-b/Library/SF623/451655.jpg

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked-b/Library/SF623/451595.jpg

:smiley: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Useless fucking cunt

Dan the man comes across as a bit of a simpleton here, just because Tipp went out and hurled man for man it means they had no real tactical approach
another man from the link walsh school of gaa

Browne calls time on DĂ©ise career
By Michael Moynihan
Thursday, September 09, 2010
WATERFORD hurling legend Tony Browne has confirmed his retirement from the inter-county game after this, his 19th season at the top level.

Browne, 37, came to national prominence with the 1992 Waterford U21 team that defeated Clare to win the Munster championship before adding the All-Ireland crown after overcoming Offaly in the replayed final. Two years later he won a second Munster U21 medal but Waterford didn’t win the All-Ireland title that season.

He made his championship debut for Waterford in 1992 and went on to win four Munster senior hurling titles, scoring a vital goal in the first of those victories for the DĂ©ise, the 2002 Munster final win over a heavily fancied Tipperary side.

Browne was prominent on the subsequent provincial title-winning sides in 2004, 2007 and this season, while he also added a NHL medal in 2007.

However, 1998, when Waterford went down to Clare in a replayed – and controversial – Munster final, might have been his finest season.

Browne picked up the first of his three All Star awards that year and also collected the Hurler of the Year gong.

He was also centrally involved in one of the most controversial incidents of the 90’s, when Colin Lynch of Clare was suspended for striking Browne with the hurley at the throw-in for the replayed Munster final.

At club level Browne collected seven county championship medals with Mount Sion and a Munster Club championship in 2002.

A star midfielder in the late 90’s, Browne reverted to the half-back line in recent years.

He follows Waterford’s other recent winner of the Hurler of the Year accolade, Dan Shanahan, into retirement. Shanahan, who announced he was stepping down after Waterford’s All-Ireland semi-final defeat by Tipperary in August, won the award in 2007, the year Waterford won the Munster title but lost the All-Ireland semi-final.

Yesterday the big Lismore man said that while he didn’t have a clash of personalities with Waterford manager Davy Fitzgerald this year, they “begged to differ” on tactics.

“I always knew I wouldn’t start,” said Shanahan. “I know where I stand. It’s hard to keep 35 fellas happy in a team and I’m no different when I’m not starting. I wouldn’t say there was a personality clash, but we beg to differ on a few things. I found his training extremely good, but I thought when it came to a tactical game – Waterford don’t do tactics.”

To back up his argument Shanahan pointed to last Sunday’s All-Ireland final.

"How did Tipp win it? They went man to man. When a manager comes in and changes things so that we might stop leaking goals a bit, my view is that if we leak goals, we are good enough to get them as well.

“You’re watching the games, lads, Waterford didn’t look like getting goals this year. Our style changed completely and he brought that in and when a manager changes your style, we backed that completely. I just didn’t think that it was good for Waterford hurling. The manager sat down and studied all the stuff and thought this is the way we can beat teams. Personally, for me, it isn’t, it wasn’t.”

Shanahan felt he and fellow veteran Ken McGrath were going well enough to start.

“I’d be the first to admit it if I was going poor in training or going poorly this year by my own standards,” said Shanahan. "But I was going fairly well. Myself and Ken McGrath were two of the best forwards who weren’t playing on the team, that’s just my point of view.

"But I thought the two of us were going well enough in training for the two of us – or either one of us – to start on the day but it didn’t happen.

“(In training) I was on ‘Brick’ Walsh there and doing okay and he had a great year; I was on Liam Lawlor and he had another great year and I was okay. I was getting the better of them in training sessions so I was going well.”

This story appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Thursday, September 09, 2010