Tom Brady - On Tablet watch

I was quoting @count_of_monte_crist’s post in the first line. The copy & paste went a little awry!

1 Like

Was never a huge fan. Undoubtedly talented but kind of emerged in a vacuum between the last great batch (Montana, Elway, Fouts et al) and the current crop hence was a big star in an era of run-of the mill game managers.

Also was too loose with the football. I like intelligent, precise QBs and Favre was too much of a gunslinger and careless to fit into that category.

1 Like

#wins?

Can all you dour, bitter, piss bags get off this thread. Brady is the greatest, end of.

3 Likes

pedantry at its finest! well played.

#?

it’s what i do.

1 Like

These debates are never settled

What of Bart Starr and Otto Graham?

It is stupid to make audacious claims that one man stands out amongst his peers, when clearly he doesn’t.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

Brady is the Henry Shefflin of the NFL, great coach escalated him to a level he would have never seen otherwise.

Oh right, i am wrong but you are right…good one

yes i am.

Ah Jesus… I went and read it. A sports franchise has some stupid fans shocker :joy:

That’s me told.

Not true, the one on the club championships was settled early on :joy:

Did you actually read this article written by a Patriot fan? He said a helluva lot more than that.

The Patriots exploit a loophole, and move on to the next one after their competition complains. Sometimes, they break rules and try to defend themselves within the gray area. They’re not martyrs. The Patriots are a shifty, extremely unlikeable organization, and that comes with the territory when you support them.

When did you start supporting your beloved franchise Sport?

It started in 2003, pal…Living in Canada (Nova Scotia) and only picking up Fox New England -All I had was the Red Sox during the Summer and the Pats in winter - it was by default really - I was back stateside in 05 again for a few months and glued to them… I only watched games here and there between 06-09 - I went back to being a poor student with no real access to games bar the odd one if I stayed out in my mothers on a Sunday but kept an interest- It was really from 2010 when I could follow the league once again intensely. That’s my short, varied NFL career. I knew fuck all about it before Canada, and even then I swore I wouldn’t watch it but like any sports enthusiast, I was hooked once I got to grips with the basics and would lock my self in my room every Sunday @ 1pm E.S.T.

you a Liverpool fan too?

Yeah - what successful sports teams (over and expanded period) don’t push the rules to the limit? Big whoop - But it’s great that you take some random guy off the internet as gospel - good for you, pal.

The New York Giants.

Yeah - I see where you are going- The Liverpool one was as a kid- when they were winning but also had a multitude of Irish players. John Barnes was also my hero- I started supporting them in around 86 I’d say.

I’m also a Limerick FC and Limerick GAA fan. Further to Collingwood, Red Sox, Barcelona.

I’m on about teams at the top for 15-20 years, pal. Man Yoo / KK etc etc.

The problem with the Patriots is that theoretically, American sports are designed to spread success around… They’ve managed to stay relevant and at the top since 2001 and like any team that is around that long, they are naturally hated.

The one team you didn’t pick are shit with the possible exception of collingwood… youre the worst kind of fan, a fair weather fan who wont take anyone else’s views on board, you simply dismiss them as it doesn’t fit with your opinion.

The reason the Patriots are staying relevant has been alluded to earlier in this thread add that to their dogshit division and it’s an easy pass to the playoffs…

They are new money and scholl in summer rolled into one.

#NO CLASS.