Tom Humphries thread

Flash bastard!

The Daddy Warbucks of tfk

3 Likes

Thatā€™d be your good self. Iā€™d hate to step on your toes.

Itā€™s a decent piece alright and portrays the conflict of friends and family of Humphries in the wake his deedsā€¦and asks a few interesting questions throughoutā€¦ is it an apology piece for Walsh and to a lesser degree Cusack?

Nobody begrudges it to you pal. Youā€™ve earned it. Sure youā€™ll be a one man stimulus package for the mid west region.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll be let.
Iā€™ll try to nurture limerick hurling from the big house if so

2 Likes

It could be viewed in that way, if the first that KImmage heard of the gory details was in court then can you assume the same is true for the two lads?

Itā€™s now reported that Humphries had indecent images of young girls on his phone too but the Gardai declined to prosecute him over this.

2 and a half years is clearly too lenient for this fiend. I hope the DPP appeal this sentence.

I would doubt it, and certainly not assume that. Kimmage didnā€™t have contact with Humphries for 3 years and clearly never spoke about the case with him before or Subsequent. Iā€™d like to know if he was also asked to write a character reference too? Kimmage at least seems to be able to differentiate between Humphries as a writer and friend, something Walsh and cusack didnā€™t seem able to do.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an excellent piece by Kimmage.

Even if they were duped, it doesnā€™t make sense that they didnā€™t mention it subsequently in their recent statements.

I wonder, Iā€™d be surprised if Kimmage had his head buried in the sand, he may have lost touch with Humphries but itā€™s a small community and he strikes me as the type that would be up to date on whatever was out there.
@Rocko, I believe that Walsh has mentioned that he was duped in relation to the old radio piece anyway.

It was a good read from Kimmage.

Exactly, their only comments were about a friend in a dark place or someone needing help. Humphries had also pleaded guilty, so that in itself changed the narrative from Walshā€™s very misguided view in 2012 to when being sentenced this month.

Itā€™s interesting that kimmage mentioned that humphries never spoke about his own past. I wonder if the court was privy to details about this, which led to a more sympathetic view. A possibly notable mention from an astute journalist like kimmage.
The judge certainly seems to judge petty theft as harshly as grooming and child abuse given details of previous punishments meted out it would seem though.

Walsh maybe.

Iā€™d say he could take or leave Donal og and wouldnā€™t have time for his backdown

Walsh threw kimmage under a bus kev.

How soā€¦ I know nothing about their relationship.

Its all so confusinv.

When?

I had a good chat with the principal of my daughters school and he spoke very highly of the benefits of the DEIS scheme. At the moment heā€™s doing everything he can to retain the DEIS status but itā€™s unlikely

1 Like

Kimmage with a puff piece there.