Tommy Cooper

I have watched a bit of him on Youtube over the last few years and was impressed so went out and bought a DVD of his performances.

Without a doubt one of the funniest men that ever existed.

I have, and always will absolutely hate that Tommy Cooper. Never found him funny in the slightest.

Each to their own I guess.

The guy was a comic genius.

So effortless - puts a lot of the modern day lads to shame.

I’m not a fan of Cooper at all.

He was a genius, the ordinary man’s Tony Hancock. The amount of laughs that man could garner without saying a word was astonishing, total comic talent.

I well remember watching the royal thingy performance where he had his heart attack and was pulled off the stage as the curtain came down.

[quote=“Fitzy”]He was a genius, the ordinary man’s Tony Hancock. The amount of laughs that man could garner without saying a word was astonishing, total comic talent.

I well remember watching the royal thingy performance where he had his heart attack and was pulled off the stage as the curtain came down.[/quote]

Glad to see someone agrees with me.

Didn’t even try. No script - just a pure natural comic genius.

All he did was do something stupid and laugh at himself and everyone else joined in. The guy is totally dated. The guy brought nothing to the table, except that stupid hat of course.

Were you not the guy who was raving about Ed Byrne’s Ironic skectch?

I pity you Flano, I really do.

You miss the point Flano - apart from the silly hat, he had nothing. No agenda, no ideological arm to rest on, no political bullshit, no string of expletives to prove how hard he was. It was just pure comedy. It was harmless and hardly high culture, but it was there to serve one purpose - to make people laugh. Tommy Cooper made people laugh. When I see a highly intelligent man like my oul fella crying with laughter at the sight of him, you know he’s doing something right. Very few people could do it, Eric Morecambe obviously is one. Perhaps Dick Emery.

:smiley: Ok. Only Fools and Horses is a pile of shit too.

I have to agree with flano here, his comedy was juvenile at best, and beyond silly, just never done it for me.

As for Ed Byrne, another coont.

Ah now you’re just being silly…

Fair enough Fitzy, but that kind of comedy doesn’t make me laugh. Not everyone enjoys it.

Fair play Farmer, Tommy Cooper was brilliant.

Tony Hancock was very funny, his radio stuff was great… I would have thought he was very much an ‘ordinary man’ kinda comedian Fitzy?

RTE used to show loads of Tommy Cooper years ago. Used to love it. Haven’t seen any stuff for years now. Must delve back into it again on youtube.
Not like tha, like tha.

Ah woah now…

[quote=“myboyblue”]I have to agree with flano here, his comedy was juvenile at best, and beyond silly, just never done it for me.

As for Ed Byrne, another coont.[/quote]

Juvenile or not it was funny, some lad talking about his cock isn’t necessarily the height of sophistication

It’s low brow. You lads must love Carrot Top.

Yea but I didnt find it funny, different strokes for different folks. Not sure I find a lad talking about his cock funny either. Nor did I enjoy watching a lad pin his arse together in jackass. But some did.

http://www.magicat.co.kr/magicians/files/attach/images/18688/312/149/003/Tommy_Cooper.jpg [SIZE=7]= http://notquiteamerican.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/carrot-top-01.jpg[/SIZE]