Tommy Tiernan

I saw a TG4 rerun recently of Hector in Spain, and he was back in his old haunt of Bilbao looking chavtastic. I’d say he was ingesting everything going over there…

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Laurita is Joe Brolly’s woman in Mayo. She was on the national media a good bit over the past week as she is a cousin of Joe Biden.

1 Like

Yeah. I’d heard that. She is actually good craic on it. She brings the best out of the two boys.

Is yer man Tim O’Leary the fundraising fella related to Biden/Blewitt then?

Himself and Brolly are good drinking friends.

I don’t know that now.

Yeah but hector is a pure exaggerator and bullshitter and hams up his stories a fair bit. Tommy is a good balance to that as he often cuts the legs from under him

I’m disappointed in this. I’d heard of Joe’s woman in Mayo but I thought that he would have done better for himself.

It’s easy listening and great crack at times and the very deep at other stages. Tommy Tiernan is a bit of a national treasure in my mind. His openness about his mother’s suicide and illness was tough listening.

5 Likes

Did you ever see the show where he visited the convent and had tea with the mother superior. He’d no belief but respected hers and they obviously liked one another. It was like a sad amicable breakup . If youd seen it in a play you’d say it was a carefully crafted vignette, a metaphor for the ireland of it’s time.
He seems a gentle soul (unlike that Mickey harte bastard)

2 Likes

Great show tonight. Two Belgey Brothers from Kerry. National treasures to use a well used cliche.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen it yet but the past few podcasts with himself and Hector/Laurita have been very funny. He’s a national treasure himself.

Didn’t one of the fellas have issues with Kerry Co Co and a house?

4 Likes

Tommy: What did you wipe your arse with?
Seamus: Nettles
Tommy: was Nettles the name of your cat?

:smile:

2 Likes

Built his house up on the back of a lorry I think

1 Like

Yes, cunts wouldn’t give him planning. So he built this and parked it on the site.

1 Like

Brendan was very friendly with a neighbour of ours over 20 years back. I recall going on the tear with them a few times down in Shanahans. Serious pint drinking

2 Likes

A friend of the wife had relations with Brendan. She was 20 years his junior. He was well able for it

1 Like

Fintan tarantino

Tommy looked totally taken in by Mary there

1 Like

He did.