Tommy Tiernan

It was nice to see Tiernan ask Dunphy is that a mask you have around your neck and then just allude to it not being needed here.

That’s a very good point actually about covid. I don’t think it can be over stressed though the value of being able to edit an hours worth of chat down to 20 minutes. That’s absolutely massive in TV terms and would make any interview sound better than compared to the likes of a live tubridy chat.
Obviously the fact that Tommy tiernan is fundamentally sound and gets average people while tubridy is a desperate cunt plays a part too.

That book ended during the 1990 World Cup if I remember correctly, I thought he promised a follow up? He’s a very good writer and is a national treasure in many ways, somebody will make a brilliant television programme about him, I hope he’s around to see it.

Who was the Limerick guy (Joe) that I see being lauded on twitter, from last night show

Joe Slattety from Southill

Never heard of him before last nt

1 Like

Aasy there the Limerick wagons will be circling soon

1 Like

I have to say I really dislike that version of the N17

5 Likes

Turbidy privately seething.

25 Likes

Paddy isn’t as thick as rte would like to think

We showed em.

2 Likes

Tommy must be a conspiracy theory

It’s nearly time we turned on him now our job is done.Its the TFK way.

6 Likes

Would RTE reveal how much they pay Tommy Tiernan like they do for other presenters? Or how does that work?

1 Like

You’ve ruined the national feastday with that chart…
D’arcy getting €450k a year is adversely affecting my mood and b/p.

The payments to Marian Finucane for a few hours of her reading clumps of newspapers is frankly absurd. Grrrrrr…

6 Likes

250k a year for claire byrne not to ask questions

2 Likes

She’s probably getting more now.

The poor craytur lost the corporate gigs so compensation takes on a little more resonance :sweat_smile:

Well she has to nod now on top of asking questions

1 Like

That bollix Darcy had the Saturday night slot before Tommy. Tommy has shown him up in a big way with his vastly superior show.

1 Like

They are genuinely obscene. As if anyone if waiting in the wings to spirit half those yahoos away to another organisation. An argument some time used by RTE themselves. Who else is paying D’Arcy almost half a million a year only RTE themselves. Who are they negotiating against exactly?

1 Like

The show had a useful piece recently telling people how to put on a coat.

2 Likes