Tommy Tiernan

Tough game, the most desparate of society calling to your apt for help.cant be easy to go out to them

This is dead on. Very relatable stuff on podcasts that are non sporting related for young adults and people.

Tommy and hector is good but they had their day. The Johnnies are average but their current. I would say they are holding out for an RTE gig as they are afraid to really push the boat out on certain issues.

As a young person in mid 20s there is no podcast to express our frustration while at the same time having general shit talk. Any one that has one are all Lauren Guilfoyle and Jamie Wall types who are established parts of the MSM.

I think myself @BruidheanChaorthainn and @peddlerscross could have a hole in the market by bringing common sense and knowledge of TFK to young people while at the same time talking about every day stuff.

2 Likes

@peddlerscross is a pensioner is she not?

1 Like

Jamie Wall has a podcast? Wha?

He’s in his 40s at least.

He’s not. He had a terrible accident with a bottle of nostalgia in his youth, now all his best days are behind him

1 Like

What does a young lad see in TFK @endakenny
This place is sure to age you prematurely

She has a podcast?! Jesus

If you don’t have a podcast nowadays you’re a nobody

All of them people are regulars on a variety of podcasts. They’ll do well because they go along with the main script. An actual podcast that people under 30 can relate to is not out there bar the Johnnies who are average but fair play to them.

Can you link me to a few pods that Jamie Wall is on there please wouldn’t mind having a listen to a few of them

Attached above is an episode he did on a coaching one I listened to a while back.

He also used do some of the hurling stuff on Second Captains.

2 Likes

Go into Spotify and type Jamie Wall into search. It’s a good way to find various podcasts with a specific person you want to listen to on them

1 Like

Sound

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

Same thing that was said above by @Fat_Pox

That Jamie Wall is another pain in the hole, a fucking opinion and expert on everything

3 Likes

You could have said “Jamie Wall is from Cork”

16 Likes

Fr Peter McVerry is the kind of priest that espouses actual Christianity as opposed to lip service.
Very sad that he seems to have no one close to him. It must be lonely.
We spend a ridiculous amount of money on HAP etc. Be cheaper to just build houses. While I absolutely understand why the government don’t want to build more council estates I actually think the policy has been completely counter productive. The problem was never council estates, it was the complete abandonment of them once they were built.
I think building of council estates would be easier in terms of objections, more cost effective and also having people from the same background removes stigma and increases a sense of community ie all the same. The local authorities can then focus funding and provide services to the area to help the area and people to improve etc.

7 Likes

Sure look at the below from the Examiner, presume they’re correct, its disgraceful.

I get a lot of those houses could be privately owned etc, but surely they could do something. The will isnt there in the council from what I’ve seen. They couldnt care less.