Tonight's Other International Matches

Guns dont kill people, member of the rap community do?

Nani robbing Ronaldo of a dinger of a goal last night. Ronaldo’s reaction is priceless :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7RYMNLh67k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvjmCTcgK9g

what a hopeless, irrelevant post,
Al you do is devalue threads with your continual trolliing as is personified above.
Please fuck off now.

anyway, back on topic , the thoughts of this 4 nations tournament in the aviva running at various dates from feb - may 2011 fills me with dread, with the exception of the Rous Cup has there ever been a more pointless international competition.?
Rocko, this might be an idea for a thread mate.
i remember a Rous cup game played in september 1990 between colombia and england and the FA were pissed off when england accepted the cup iwith half the players wearing colombian jersies, Serious memory merchants like Sid might be able to inform me when the last Rous Cup game was played at wembley but i remember it taking place around 1991-2 maybe.
various sources tell me that the Home nations championship was popular in the 70’s - 80’s involving the NI / Sco / Eng and wales, again i dont know when this was defunct…

i can only assume the FAI thought they could ressurect some form of rivalry between us and our neighbours with this tournament, unfortunaltly as last nights attendance showed and the upcoming ticktet prices to watch probably worse matches given the state of us, NI, wales and scotland right now this tournament will be painfully reciieved,
i do not know is there plans to make it a repeat occurence, however it just stinks as a money making excercise and no amount of effort can sell it right now i believe.

also you would wonder what benifit can we get as a team playing against 3 sides whose players are arguably worse than ours, ? all 4 teams play the same style of 'football", surely a game against the likes of Albania or Montenegro would be better prep for a upcoming match against Macedonia ?

I believe it is being proposed as a bi-annual event…Would I be right in saying that Scotland V Norn Iron is also on in the Aviva the night after the Ireland Wales match

What was the name of the tournament we won in Iceland just after Charlton took over? Was that a one-off or a regular thing?