Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

He’s a lovely man

Fucking hell, BRIEGE is as dull as ditchwater

I think she’s a lovely lass. It’s awkward because Tommy doesn’t have a breeze who she is.

I might be mistaken here but Tommy I would day doesn’t give a fuck about anything remotely gaa related which doesn’t help

Serious woman to build a wall though

1 Like

And milk 100 cows twice a day .

1 Like

He is that. A diamond

I suppose, like hehehehe…

Sorry I thought ye were talking about Briege for a minute there

I mentioned it here some time ago. Would be great if someone like The Script or Niall Horan did a cover of 'This Is ’ and finally give him a payday he deserves. I’d say he is brassic

Yeah. He hasn’t had it easy.

A friend of ours and a very great man popped up briefly in this doc. He had been managing Aslan for the last few years. He died recently in Sweden helping a neighour put out a housefire.

2 Likes

RIP .

Anyone know anything about his ‘stand in’ when he was out of the band? He anyone of note?

Sorry to hear that man.

I can remember reading about that. Tragic stuff.

It was tragic. Svenn was a great humanitarian. He was Norwegian and was married to a Bosnian. He worked with Norwegian Aid bringing Bosnian war refugees to Norway and then helping repatriate them after the war.
He came to Ireland to run an Irish based charity working in Bosnia and Kosova, he and my Dad had many great adventures going in and out of Bosnia and Kosova with aid trucks during and after the war.

He was ab accountant originally and was determined to get Aslan on a sound financial foiting.

10 Likes

That was a really good documentary. Christy’s fundamental decency and sense of humour shines through the whole show. I had no idea he was abused by a neighbour when he was a child. Ireland was a dangerous place for children in those times.

1 Like

RIP.

It does feel like RTE have a celebrity death prediction list going on.

Make a documentary about these folks (Giles, Dignam, etc). Get it out before they keel over, then they’ve also an excellent reason to heavily advertise it and reshow it not long after they’ve gone.

I very much enjoyed the Giles and Dignam shows all told.

1 Like