Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

Much like that, he always struck me as someone who doesn’t give a fuck.

An interesting side note about this guy that I’m sure most of ye know already. He was a fireman in NYC and went back around 9/11 helping out and did a doc about one of the firehouses that lost many members

1 Like

Yep, for a week he put in 12 hour shifts with his former house, refused interviews and wouldn’t allow his picture be taken.

1 Like

Full Metal Jacket TCM now.Stone cold classic

1 Like

Lawrence Tierney was a hell of an actor.

An interesting life, on and more so off screen. An intimidating fucker I’d say, with a nasty nasty streak.

I think I heard on the radio during the week that the budget for this film was just $1.5 million. Incredible casting considering those constraints.

He was no angel.

“the hulking Tierney was not so much an actor as a frightening force of nature”

Thats about right alright. A right bastard.

Script, script, script. Roth basically laid in a pool of “blood” the entire film, and still had a great performance.

1 Like

The Fugitive just finished on Network 2, and flicked to TV3 for the end of Terminator 2.

UNREAL

@caoimhaoin.Were you watching GAA Nua on Rate 1 there.Fascinating stuff,the amount of data the Waterford boys were collecting was unreal almost too much.

I found it strange that it was in Irish given it was on RTE. It really limited the people they could talk to

Can you not read.

My issue is that it limits the people they can talk to, not the subtitles

Lovely show there about @Fagan_ODowd and his driving

3 Likes

Isn’t that half their problems? They know exactly how many metres each player covers in a training session but don’t know how to field a team

1 Like

That true enough buddy,information is only as good as the person using it.

Paralysis by analysis

Ala Mayo in last year’s All Ireland replay. Dropped their keeper after the in depth analysis revealed the other lad could get a couple yards more distance on the kick out. They forgot the aim of the goal keeper is to help prevent kick outs.

3 Likes

Watched this last night on the player. Good show.

The stuff with Kildare was interesting and, to a lesser extent the app that Wexford GAA were using to track the mood and energy levels of the players while training.

I thought the Waterford system of tracking hooks/blocks and different passages of play looked little little more than an upgrade on using a clipboard to be honest. Sharing the video clips to individual players is impressive but I wonder how many of them actually take the time to view it.

1 Like