Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Love to know where this is so I can book for Valentine’s Day

the crabs incident clearly left a bad taste in the mouth :smiley:

It’s very hard book Guilbaud’s* for two people.

** I don’t think it was there

I’d say it was Etto. It was a yellow oilskin coat. They were right.

The last time I had a steak it was a mistake!

What’s a WhatsApp crabs débâcle?

2 Likes
1 Like

Does etto have notions? Twas a casual enough spot when it opened first but I haven’t been in there in 5 or 6 years I’d say

The sister restaurant Uno Mas is far better I think. Etto is a fairly shit space - it’s too cramped.

Two Michelin Stars for Chapter One and Liath.

I loved Chapter One for lunch. It’s a proper experience.

Liath was not to my liking. You’d be ating what the chef foraged that morning.

Bastible has got its first Michelin Star. I ate there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it but I fell for the try a different wine manoeuvre and ended up with a Czech wine that tasted of Earth. It’s a lovely restaurant.

Lots more around the country. The best value Michelin experience i had in Ireland was Ox in Belfast. They have a wine bar next door I’d happily live out the rest of my days in drinking wine, ating cheese and bread and listening to a guitar player they had.

2 Likes

:clap:

Have you been to Chapter One since the rebrand?

Yeah. Was there for lunch.

I don’t think it’s as good as the Greenhouse was and I probably preferred the “old” Chapter One food/vibe.

It’s still amazing and lunch there is probably best value meal you’d have in Dublin.

1 Like

What did you have? I’d be afraid it might have gone over to the penitential style of Michelin dining beloved of the likes of Aniar, Loam and Liath.

1 Like

Cheese fondue type starter
Cod
Chocolate dessert

I don’t do tasting menus anymore - once too often ating something I don’t want to eat with a grimace and being obliged to say “it was quite nice” as the cognitive dissonance threatens to drown you

“Penitential style” is a lovely way to describe it :ok_hand:

I see L’Enclume just got a third star. I ate the tasting menu there once back in the day. After about 17 courses, my pal remarked, “Jaysus, I’m getting hungrier”

8 Likes

This is a savage review

The wildest thing about new restaurant Wildflower is the price

1 Like

A right of reply and an old school Celtic Tiger restaurant review dust up would be great. Like the time your man Paulo Tulio had the fist fight with the owner of that shit Italian in Clontarf.

2 Likes

Rumour is it’s about to be €100 more expensive now

Got a copy and paste?