Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Agree absolutely with everything you say. Chapter 1 and the greenhouse are both outstanding though I think the chef may have transferred?

2 Likes

He did. I think Greenhouse is still closed.

Greenhouse was best meal I’ve had I think. That was a few years ago.

The “mid level” of restaurant in Dublin charges silly prices for what they serve up. Then they hammer you on wine - I’ve seen wines that cost 8 euro wholesale for 70 euro in Dublin restaurants.

1 Like

Ryleighs rooftop steakhouse is very good but a tad on the expensive side. Generally try and stay away from ordering steak when I’m out as I like it cooked a certain way and I could turn 2 vacuum packed ribeyes from Aldi for a tenner into something not far off what I’d get out.

1 Like

I did of course. The poor waiter didn’t cook the steak.

2 Likes

What way?

Naked

1 Like

Wonder where this was

A manyoo top in the ratoath I heard.

1 Like

I’ve a pal cc @habanerocat who buys cheap meat and then waterbaths it before finishing on a BBQ and it’s as nice as any wagyu.

Id add that unfortunately it was his wife Inthe WhatsApp crabs débâcle, and I’ve not been invited for dinner since :confused:

5 Likes

Love to know where this is so I can book for Valentine’s Day

the crabs incident clearly left a bad taste in the mouth :smiley:

It’s very hard book Guilbaud’s* for two people.

** I don’t think it was there

I’d say it was Etto. It was a yellow oilskin coat. They were right.

The last time I had a steak it was a mistake!

What’s a WhatsApp crabs débâcle?

2 Likes
1 Like

Does etto have notions? Twas a casual enough spot when it opened first but I haven’t been in there in 5 or 6 years I’d say

The sister restaurant Uno Mas is far better I think. Etto is a fairly shit space - it’s too cramped.

Two Michelin Stars for Chapter One and Liath.

I loved Chapter One for lunch. It’s a proper experience.

Liath was not to my liking. You’d be ating what the chef foraged that morning.

Bastible has got its first Michelin Star. I ate there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it but I fell for the try a different wine manoeuvre and ended up with a Czech wine that tasted of Earth. It’s a lovely restaurant.

Lots more around the country. The best value Michelin experience i had in Ireland was Ox in Belfast. They have a wine bar next door I’d happily live out the rest of my days in drinking wine, ating cheese and bread and listening to a guitar player they had.

2 Likes