Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Fagan, can you provide a bit of background on this place? What kind of food, ambience, price range? Would it be a pre-theatre place? Anywhere nearby to have a pint? It seems a bit barren down in that area.

Had a lovely burger and chips in this place. It was absolutely packed. People were coming in all the time and had to leave as there was nowhere to sit. Good, unpretentious pub, decent food and great booze selection. A range of sex shops on the doorstep too, if you fancy something spicy afterwards with the missus (or mister).

Fagan, can you provide a bit of background on this place? yes

What kind of food, ambience, price range? Italian, jaunty, affordable

Would it be a pre-theatre place? Would be ideal for a pre theatre in the Grand Canal

Anywhere nearby to have a pint? The Ferryman, which is a kip.

It seems a bit barren down in that area. It is

Somewhat off topic but can anyone recommend a pub or restaurant on the road up from Limerick to Dublin for a bite to eat, something like a carvery?

Treacys

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 160134”]
Treacys[/quote]

:rolleyes: a shell of the place it once was.

Bounced back again after a bad few years. Top notch again now as the trucks outside testify.

Truck drivers are the dregs of society.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 160136”]
Bounced back again after a bad few years. Top notch again now as the trucks outside testify.[/quote]

Microwaved veg, meh.

Where

Like Finnegans but in Portlaoise Dunph. Best avoided.

Was in Dylan McGraths new place Fade Street Social last night.

Ambience:
Despite the cuntish name it’s actually a laid back enough kind of a place. It has a Tapas bar, a restaurant and an upstairs bar.
Myself and herself dined in the restaurant, which is a nice bright an airy kind of a place with an open plan kitchen that you can see into. There was a good hum of noise around aswell. 5/5

The starter
I got this bread thing that was essentially a thin based pizza. It came with serano ham, Poussin (which is a one of these restaurants way of overcharging you for what is essentialy a baby chicken) and Mushrooms, as well as cheese. I asked for them to keep the mushrooms off which they neglected to do. It wasn’t a major issue as they were big enough to pick off. The cheese was very rich to the point of being greasy. Overall it got a meh from me. I could have made better myself. 2/5

Herself got Pork Belly. The portion was miniscule but the taste was superb. It came with breaded Hazelnut balls, which were nice but didn’t do much for it. 4/5

Main Course:
You pick your meat cut and we went for the 450g Rib Eye between us on the waiters recommendation. We got sides of creamy mash & cabbage and apple.

The meat was absolutely savage, it was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. It was up there with the nicest bit of meat I’ve ever tasted. The sides were nice aswell but I ended up eating them in isolation as I didn’t want to sully the meat.

5/5

The service was very good apart from the mushroom incident, they are fake as fuck in there, but at least they make the effort. The food arrived promptly. 4/5

Overall 4/5

My starter let it down a bit but other than that it was very enjoyable, €90 lids all in including a bottle of wine.

Other notes. The food is extremely rich to the point that it evacuated my bowls rather promptly. You would end up with severe gout if you ate there too often.
We didn’t get to the bar upstairs but I’ve heard it’s very impressive.

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 745484, member: 332”]Was in Dylan McGraths new place Fade Street Social last night.

Ambience:
Despite the cuntish name it’s actually a laid back enough kind of a place. It has a Tapas bar, a restaurant and an upstairs bar.
Myself and herself dined in the restaurant, which is a nice bright an airy kind of a place with an open plan kitchen that you can see into. There was a good hum of noise around aswell. 5/5

The starter
I got this bread thing that was essentially a thin based pizza. It came with serano ham, Poussin (which is a one of these restaurants way of overcharging you for what is essentialy a baby chicken) and Mushrooms, as well as cheese. I asked for them to keep the mushrooms off which they neglected to do. It wasn’t a major issue as they were big enough to pick off. The cheese was very rich to the point of being greasy. Overall it got a meh from me. I could have made better myself. 2/5

Herself got Pork Belly. The portion was miniscule but the taste was superb. It came with breaded Hazelnut balls, which were nice but didn’t do much for it. 4/5

Main Course:
You pick your meat cut and we went for the 450g Rib Eye between us on the waiters recommendation. We got sides of creamy mash & cabbage and apple.

The meat was absolutely savage, it was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. It was up there with the nicest bit of meat I’ve ever tasted. The sides were nice aswell but I ended up eating them in isolation as I didn’t want to sully the meat.

5/5

The service was very good apart from the mushroom incident, they are fake as fuck in there, but at least they make the effort. The food arrived promptly. 4/5

Overall 4/5

My starter let it down a bit but other than that it was very enjoyable, €90 lids all in including a bottle of wine.

Other notes. The food is extremely rich to the point that it evacuated my bowls rather promptly. You would end up with severe gout if you ate there too often.
We didn’t get to the bar upstairs but I’ve heard it’s very impressive.[/quote]

What wine did you have?

Wouldn’t be a wine buff fagan, all I can tell is it was a rose for €20 and it was meh

Rose with a steak? Good lord

Along with steak and cabbage. I’d say the waiting staff did fair giggling behind the muck savages backs

Yer man paid the bones of €100 for a steak with mashed potatoes and cabbage? Fuxake. Only in Oireland would you a) find places brazen enough to charge that and b) gobshites stupid enough to pay it.

450g rib eye seems measley enough?
I bought two T bones in the butchers at home recently and they were just over 1kg in total.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 745515, member: 181”]450g rib eye seems measley enough?
I bought two T bones in the butchers at home recently and they were just over 1kg in total.[/quote]

I think we are all in agreement that Julio got ripped off

:smiley:
I’m flush with cash Chewy and don’t mind paying for class.