Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

I was in county Fingal on Saturday, more specifically portmarnock and Howth. After a nice walk down on Portmarnock strand we went to findlater in Howth. The chowder was delicious. Couldn’t get over the queues to get into Beshoffs fish and chips at 1 o clock in the day.Must see what all the fuss is about sometime.

[quote=“Phil Leotardo, post: 755796, member: 197”]An interesting blog here from some lad who used to work in the food business

http://lovindublin.com/[/quote]

Very good blog.

Do that and put it in the Fingal takeaway thread not this top 10 restaurant thread.

Probably passed you by Whiplash, I was there with the missus, the little lady and a dog. Dublin’s finest beach by far.

Was in the Butcher’s Grill in Ranelagh a while back - best steak I’ve ever had in Ireland - about an 8oz. Ridiculously nice cut.

Had the baby back ribs to start as well - falling off the bone with succulent BBQ sauce.

As dining experiences go it’ll be hard bet.

Was in Rock Lobster last night. Nice room, very busy, good buzz about the place. Waitress was Irish, mid-20s, and extremely attractive. Watching her uncork the wine was a deeply arousing joy. Shared four small starters, nothing special, except for the mini “daube burger”, not too dissimilar to a very posh corned beef sandwich.
Had lobster and fries for the main. Lobster is excellent and the salad it was served with was perfect. Fries lovely. Made a right mess, it’s something I’d rather eat alone in the privacy of my own kitchen. Pecan pie with ice cream for dessert, which was superb. Not a bad dinner all in all and with a €60 voucher we pretty much just had to pay for the wine and a tip. I gave your wan a tenner because she had a peach of a bottom.

Spotted Derek Mooney downstairs in Kiely’s afterwards which pleasantly rounded off the evening. 7/10

Fries with Lobster? Ffs sake

I got two pizzas for takeaway out of casa nostra in Limerick there recently, 9 euro each for 12 inch pizzas and it was very good pizza altogether.

Christ above. We’ll have lads on about oven chips next the way this is going. Fagan, sort this shit out please.

I’d never eaten lobster before. What would be the correct thing for it to be served with besides salad?

Steak

Here glasandban this is a thread to share experiences about the top 10 restaurants in the country. It is a thread where Forumites regale each other with tales of fine dining, banter with maitre d’s and getting one over on the sommelier.

There is a Limerick takeaways thread that you can migrate this shit back over to, like a good man.

Now to put the thread back on track.

I would like to record a fine dining experience in One Pico at the weekend. This is a restaurant I must have passed hundreds of times but I never before crossed the threshold. I did at the weekend and had dinner.

To start I had quail with seared foie gras. My companion had an organic beetroot salad with goats cheese. For mains I had suckling pig cooked 5 different ways, so there was roast rack, crisp belly, cheek cannelloni, hock pudding and trotter dumpling. My companion had John Dory.

This was accompanied by a fine Mercurey from the Burgundy region.

My companion eschewed dessert. I had a cheeseboard. I ordered a port to accompany it but it didn’t arrive. I questioned the waiter as to it’s whereabouts as I was finishing the cheese and he apologised profusely and fetched a fine glass of LBV and told me it was on the house. A fine gesture.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience. The food was top class, the chef clearly understands his art and is comfortable enough in his expertise for some playful experimentation.

I would rate this restaurant very highly. It is definitely in the top10 of my dining experiences in Dublin.

9/10

One Pico is one of the most underrated restaurants in Dublin Fagan. On glad you enjoyed it. If you fancy a trip to the mountains he also has a place in Stepaside albeit not as fancy.

Food in One Pico is top notch. Bit stuffy for my liking in there though.

Someone mentioned Butchers Grill, fucking excellent grub there pricey enough but it’s a treat alright.

Was in Fade St Social resteraunt last week. Thought it was very good, particularly the fancy banoffi for dessert which was as nice a desert as iv tasted. Very overpriced the main negative

[quote=“dancarter, post: 757913, member: 122”]Food in One Pico is top notch. Bit stuffy for my liking in there though.

Someone mentioned Butchers Grill, fucking excellent grub there pricey enough but it’s a treat alright.

Was in Fade St Social resteraunt last week. Thought it was very good, particularly the fancy banoffi for dessert which was as nice a desert as iv tasted. Very overpriced the main negative[/quote]

Yes dan, One Pico wouldn’t be a spot where a bunch of rugger heads would go for a night of joshing and giving each other wedgies alright.

No, more for the older almost retired gent to flash the cash for another female desperado he met online I’d say.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 757909, member: 706”]Here glasandban this is a thread to share experiences about the top 10 restaurants in the country. It is a thread where Forumites regale each other with tales of fine dining, banter with maitre d’s and getting one over on the sommelier.

There is a Limerick takeaways thread that you can migrate this shit back over to, like a good man.
[/quote]
My sincere apologies. I didn’t notice a more appropriate thread. Casa nostra is a nice Italian restaurant that will also do very good pizzas for takeaway that I thoughtLimerick based posters might like to be aware of.

I do hope my mention of takeaways didn’t offend your delicate palate and cause you to spew up your fois gras.

I might add that the “or other” restaurants left enough ambiguity that I thought I might be in the right place. Again, my mistake.

I never knew Casa Nostra did take away. Supposed to be a very nice spot. Thanks for making me aware of it

You are welcome The Runt.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 757928, member: 1533”]My sincere apologies. I didn’t notice a more appropriate thread. Casa nostra is a nice Italian restaurant that will also do very good pizzas for takeaway that I thoughtLimerick based posters might like to be aware of.

I do hope my mention of takeaways didn’t offend your delicate palate and cause you to spew up your fois gras.

I might add that the “or other” restaurants left enough ambiguity that I thought I might be in the right place. Again, my mistake.[/quote]
Fair play for admitting your mistake.