Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Were they out of Rose?

No idea.

Heading to Town Bar and Grill next week also, any recommendations?

Have had v nice venison there a few times

Don’t sit too close to the piano. The prawn starter was gorgeous last time I was there.

And don’t sit too close to Johnny Ronan.

Chaps, any recommendations for Sunday lunch in south Dublin city centre? Not seeking anything too formal but somewhere one can sit outside would be nice. Decentish food would be a bonus too.

The 51 on Haddington Road?

Not many places where you sit outside. That Pygmallion place has a beer garden off the side and the food is supposed to be decent. It’s tapas type food. It’s a €5 in on a Sunday and €3 for a pint then. Not sure if that’s the case on a bank holiday. It is like all these places full wall to wall with cunts

Thanks Julio. Sitting outside is not imperative. Any other recommendations?

Anyone else? I don’t want to have to research it myself.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 780288, member: 9”]Thanks Julio. Sitting outside is not imperative. Any other recommendations?

Anyone else? I don’t want to have to research it myself.[/quote]

The Metro cafe on South William Street can be a nice place to watch the world go by on a sunny day. I was there last weekend and sat beside none other than Bryan Dobson, who is a smoker by the way.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 780288, member: 9”]Thanks Julio. Sitting outside is not imperative. Any other recommendations?

Anyone else? I don’t want to have to research it myself.[/quote]

What kind of food are you looking for?

Are you going on a date?

Horsebox - thank, bro. That place looks decent enough.

Julio Geordio - not too fussy but preference would be for a general type place where you can get anything from pasta to chicken & fish dishes to a steak sandwich even. Not really looking for a specific type like Thai, Indian or whatever.

The Runt - it’s a date alright but I’m loathe to talk too much about it having been dumped after around 3 weeks* a year or two ago. Since then I’ve been mainly focusing on career advancement, forum administration/moderation and diet & nutrition but I’m making tentative dating ventures again.

• this even included a period where she was abroad with work for a week and a half.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 159950, member: 24”]Not a huge restaurant man myself but here’s a few places I have liked:

Diep La Shakur, Dublin

• already mentioned by The Rock. Smashing grub.

Shanhan’s on the Green, Dublin

• puked after my dinner there but that may have had something to do with me drinking all day before it. The bread that they brought out beforehand is still probably the nicest thing I ever tasted. The steak was excellent also. The muscles for starters was what destroyed me.

Ginger, Belfast

• Michelen star and fantastic food and service

Cork International Airport Hotel Restuarant, Cork

• Smashing grub, decent banter from the staff but surroundings very tacky.

The Oarsman, Carrick-on-Shannon

• Smashing grub, full but never stuffed and great service.

Also every single restaurant I visited in Kinsale - and Indian one, Jim Sheridans and some other one who’s name I can’t remember.[/quote]

You’re not a small restaurant man either. Ahoy!

Bandage, if its a date maybe you should try the Saddle Room in the Shelbourne. Food is very good and she might get the not very subtle hint.

:clap:
a great spot to watch the world and tastey ass go by…lovely deserts there too…

a great spot to watch the world and tastey ass go by…lovely deserts there too…[/quote]
What desert is your favourite Scumpot. I like the Gobi the best.

The bar with no name does a very good brunch for something casual. You can probably sit outside on the terrace also. Depends if your date is expecting something a bit more salubrious though.

The pig’s ear is supposed to be nice but I haven’t been there yet.

Pichet on Trinity St. is very good but a bit more formal.

The green hen on exchequer st. is also recommended.

Mrs. Fran recommends this place http://www.777.ie/home.html

Get her sauced up early, go home for some early evening delight and then you have Sunday night to yourself to do what you like