Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Bib Gourmand?

Yayamori or Saba.

777 is supposed to be class but is alway packed, they don’t take bookings.

I think that’s it…ye don’t have them in limerick …donkey fords !

No offence, kid. But I live in a area chock a block with great restaurants. I have no need to drive 150 miles to take a chance on another one.

would you not think about using the buss pass and swinging across for a night? surely it’d be a nice change from chasing gin addled 70 spinsters around the horse shoe bar at afternoon tea time in the shelbourne?

Fagan would be more a Barrys Hotel or a Sachs (RIP) man I’d say

I walked by Rain nightclub beside the Portobello last Saturday night around chucking out time and made a mental note that it would be a decent spot for “a bit of that sort of thing” should I ever wish to go chasing it in the near future.

(Might head there tomorrow night)

Green 19 on Camden st is excellent. Great food, cheap as chips.

http://www.sanlorenzos.ie/?page_id=42

San Lorenzo on Georges Street - great Italian food

early bird from 5pm 2 courses 19.50

Starters

Caprese salad w/ buffalo mozzarella, Heirloom tomatoes, rocket, balsamic

Creamy San Marzano tomato & parmesan soup w/ tortelloni di Parma

Pan-fried gambas w/ white wine, chili & garlic

Pulled pork & egg terrine w/ beetroot, goat’s cheese dressing & trevise

Sardine brasato bruschetta – slow-cooked w/ tomato, rosemary & green olives

Mains

Cannelloni al forno, oven baked beef &sun-dried tomato w/ basil pesto, rocket & parmesan

Polpette di vitello bucatini, oven baked veal meatballs w/ bucatini pasta, fennel seeds, tomato & parmesan

Grilled hake al forno w/ creamy crab, red pepper, potato gnocchi

Zuppa di pesci – fish & seafood stew, mussels, prawns, tomato, white wine, chili & garlic, crostini

Pork Bolognese ‘Bianco’ ragu w/ fettuccine pasta, pecorino, green olives

Fettuccine Giardiniera w/ zucchini, saffron, sun-dried tomato, garlic chili & parmesan

Gnocchi Florentine al forno w/ spinach, tomato & parmesan

Desserts

Lemon posset w raspberry coulis

Strawberry & cassis Pavlova w/ vanilla whipped mascarpone cream

Tiramisu

Selection of home-made ice creams

Had lunch in Pearl Brasserie today, the same people who own Lockes. It’s a step up in quality from Lockes in my opinion. Started with a celeriac velouté followed by partridge and finished off with creme brûlée. All washed down with plenty of French Alsace. Highly recommended.

Not a rib burger in sight. You’re the sort of chap with a bit of derring do we should be sending abroad to represent us.

a step up from quality from Lockes is it? the fucking enzo’s opposite the queens hotel in ennis is a step up from that slop house

Quality stuff Fran… You obviously did fuck all work after lunch I assume?

Went for a few pints in Toners and was home, nicely steamed, by 9. The little one is gone on holidays to Kilkenny for a couple of days so I’m making the most of it

Lockes is not that bad now but I was very surprised that it got a Michelin star

Nice meal in Chapter One tonight. I had a smoked potato soup, game terrine, black sole and cheese. Martin the maître d was in flying form. I was captivated by the overweight, but still beautiful blond lady at the next table who regaled her dining companions with tales of her time in Kazakhstan. The only bum note was the amount of desserts that arrived with candles in them. My companion offered the view that it was not unlike TGIF.

Had you company?

I didn’t dine alone.

Hup ya boy ya

Aboy the kid!