Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Thanks for that

With kids or without kids, ethnic/spicy/shtake, north or Southside?

No kids, literally anything worth eating and anywhere within reach of a Luas. Not chipper food or generic pub grub

:clap:

M&L Chinese on Cathedral St - Marlboro, O’Connell St, Abbey St LUAS is for my money the best restaurant in the city. Rough and ready and on a dodgy street but Chinese like you won’t have ever tasted before in Ireland.

Duck is grand but you might find it hard to get a seat there on Saturday lunchtime.

Some great ethnic restaurants all along Capel St as well.

2 Likes

Nice one, we will try krewe for lunch and the chinese later

Bring the missus to see a picture in the Savoy and then a nightcap in Pipers Corner and make a right night of it.

5 Likes

M&L the most authentic Chinese I’ve found in Ireland. Great grub. Only complaint would be how dear the vegetables are in there but it’s a smashing place to eat, has become a post- Xmas shopping tradition for us

Don’t ayte the soft shell crabs after a feed of Porter in Briodys

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

1 Like

Was never a fan of soft shell crab anyway tbh.

They do a fantastic hotpot inside there. Set you right after a few pints.

Jayzus.

Informative rating.

An old favourite didn’t disappoint today. I must have had that prawn dish 30 years ago in Rolys and it’s still beautiful.

5 Likes

I think this was o dowd reporting them for cheap coffee.

2 Likes

Nice bit of grub there in Kinara for my tea. Not out of this world or anything. Just nice.

Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud last night. Fennel carpaccio to start. Bit of turbot for the main and cheese to finish. Nice food, well cooked and all of that but a pretty ordinary meal all told, if I’m being honest. Nice drop of Chablis to go with it.

4 Likes

I think it’s grossly overpriced for the evening in particular. It can be very hit and miss, and the evening menu differs little from the lunchtime menu, which is a lot dearer than it was in any case. It’s a reflection of how many people there are floating around Dublin spending someone else’s money.

@Fagan_ODowd Headin to M & L tomorrow evening. Is there anything you would recommend on the menu? The last time i was there i got moidered by the size of the menu and ordered something average enough.

1 Like

The whole fish is fucking delicious if you/others like fish.

If you like spicy, get one of the Szechuan hotpot soups.

Can’t really go Wong with anything in there tbh…

3 Likes

Fried French beans with chili
Stir fried lamb and veg in medium spicy sauce
Deep fried chicken with dry chili and peanut
Steamed pork dumplings

They won’t serve Europeans any of the tripe/pigs intestines/pigs blood recipes.

1 Like