Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Thanks lads

I had that in there, spicy soup with tripe. Set me straight after a night on the sauce. Awful lot of oil in it tho.

The beans aare a definite, they’re smashing. Made them at home few times since. Deep fried chicken thing lovely too as long as you’re sharing, bit tedious eating the whole thing I found to my mistake

1 Like

Yeah I got a recommendation from an oriental lad to eat the pigs intestines in something. They wouldn’t serve it to me and I insisted and they brought over the owner and she said ok give it to him. They were right. It was like chewing a bicycle tube.

5 Likes

She’s some operator that woman owner. Well able to graft herself, I’d say she rules with an iron fist in there and not a penny from the float would be left unaccounted for

1 Like

Shredded crispy beef with red chili is a winner too

1 Like

M&L is the business and great value too. 60 euro for 2 starters, 2 mains and 4 x glasses of wine. We went for Fagans and Spideys recommendations above and they were top drawer. The green beans in chilli and garlic were a particular highlight. I wouldn’t have dreamed of ordering it without said recommendations. A real bustling spot ruled with an iron fist by a fearsome middle aged chinese woman.

We had 4 enjoyable pints in Piper’s afterwards and got to watch a bit of bare knuckle, bare chested boxing on Talbot st enroute. I knows how to show Mrs Barnes a good time

15 Likes

The new porridge in McDonalds is the equal of any porridge in any hotel in the world.
Couple of snails and it’d get three Michelin stars.

2 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2022/0720/1311273-new-danish-spot-tops-worlds-best-50-restaurants-list/

Copenhagen the food capital of the World.

Serious bang of Emperors clothes off the dishes there. If a fella was banging them out in restaurant in Mullingar and charging a tenner for them, the place would be closed in a month

1 Like

I’ve eaten in one restaurant on the list. The one in Vienna, no 13 on the list, in 2016. It was in fairness, a memorable meal but I’ve grown weary of this tasting menu with wine pairing lark, Michelin tourism, 350 notes a skull business.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a bit of a cod once you’ve done it a couple of times. You end up with a few courses you’ve no interest in eating.

Aniar in Galway was the worst ever. It was like punishment eating. Uncooked fish with whatever bit of seaweed your man had pulled out of the sea that morning. A big palaver as they brought it over to the table with a flourish and then “Enjoy”.

11 Likes

I thought the same of Liath in Blackrock. Whatever they had foraged in the woods that morning.

A fabulous bit of Stattler and Waldorfing here.

7 Likes

Sick shit of Michelin starred restaurants :grinning:

3 Likes

Am I not allowed to be? Anyway it’s a sub genre I am sick of. The tasting menu sub genre. I’d still happily go to Guilbauds and Chapter One.

4 Likes

I’m off to Guilbauds for the first time in August. For lunch. I’ve a voucher that’ll pay for the water.

1 Like

I was there in May for dinner. It was lovely. Lunch in RPGs used to be considered the best value grub in town but it is a little pricier now I hear.

1 Like

Do as you please :man_shrugging:

I find it amusing but I’m a bit of a peasant

1 Like

Id have no interest in fine dining myself. To be perfectly honest, I’d be uncomfortable in those establishments.

2 Likes