Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

[quote=“Fran, post: 846274, member: 110”]Hartleys in Dun Laoghaire is decent enough fare, very good location at the harbour (just beside dart station) and you could walk hand in hand down the pier afterwards.

There’s FXB’s in Monkstown where you’ll be guaranteed a good steak.

If you want to go a bit further out Deville’s in Dalkey is excellent. May be a little intimate for a business dinner though.

Top tip would be Hartleys, I don’t know much about Blackrock though[/quote]

Hartleys is nice, however Bistro One in Foxrock is the nicest restaurant south of Dublin 4.

Was there recently Mac and have to say it was good stuff alright. Would be a little bit out of the way for me but it was well worth the trip

FXB’s is average enough fare in my book. Not a fish eater myself but Cavistons in Sandycove is supposed to be good, tribes beside it is also decent fare

I have developed the theory that they have 2 chefs of vastly different abilities-one who is excellent and the other who struggles with boiling water. At times, their food is top notch and some of the things on their menu, like their chowder, is really good. Since they introduced their new lunch menu though, things seem to have gone downhill a bit.

The one on Baggot Street is very average, I’ve had mixed experience with the one in Monkstown alright.

Definitely worth it. Tis out of the way but that way you don’t have any ould gobshite going to it.

I didn’t even realise there was one on Baggot Street-only ever been to the one in Monkstown. I like the staff there who are very friendly and their chowder is unreal for a fat lunch.

Its on Pembroke Street. The Bull & Castle is a FXBs now and decent enough fare the last time I was in there.

Was also one in the D4 hotel (old juries) in Ballsbridge. Not sure is it still going

Snobby bastard.

Yes, when it comes to good food I’m quite the snobby bastard.

This has nothing to do with good food. This has to do with you looking down your above average sized nose at other people.

Fuck you.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 846844, member: 24”]This has nothing to do with good food. This has to do with you looking down your above average sized nose at other people.

Fuck you.[/quote]

Bizarre outburst farmer but whatever floats your boat.

Harsh enough alright! Is Bistro One the place at the back entrance to Leop where the driving range is?

The very place. Upstairs above the row of shops. You’d miss it if you weren’t looking for it.

Great! The riff raff will never find it.

I doubt the riff raff would be strolling around Foxrock in the first place mate, but you’re spot on, they wouldn’t.

Not a Top 10 eatery or in any way fancy for that matter, but this afternoon I frequented the wonderful Mongolian BBQ on Anglesea Street for lunch. For €5.90 you can fill a bowl with whatever you want (Noodles, a huge selection of oriental salads, tofu, meat etc) and season it with whatever spices and sauces you want. The food is then cooked there in front of you and you get a decent side portion of rice with it too. The food is delicious and incredible value for the quality and amount you get. I’d highly recommend it.

Take this shit to the Ravenous thread. This thread is for fine dining and foodies.

Only an utter utter wanker would describe themselves as a “foodie”.