Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

I was at Fade Street Social recently.

It was shit.

My main sentiment on leaving most restaurants is “meh” and what did that just cost me or glad I didn’t have to pay for that. They are not generally good value for money in terms of the experience. The fancier restaurants try and sell you on an “experience” that is more than just the food and that can be pleasant enough/of novelty value but you are paying a lot of money for it.

Most people drink a couple of bottles of wine during dinner so food is secondary really.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 853332, member: 2272”]My main sentiment on leaving most restaurants is “meh” and what did that just cost me or glad I didn’t have to pay for that. They are not generally good value for money in terms of the experience. The fancier restaurants try and sell you on an “experience” that is more than just the food and that can be pleasant enough/of novelty value but you are paying a lot of money for it.

Most people drink a couple of bottles of wine during dinner so food is secondary really.[/quote]

food is secondary in a restaurant?:smiley:

muldoons are so uncouth

Fuck off

Had a ricki lake there last Christmas and it was excellent. Couldn’t fault them for quality or service.

Ate in Campagne last night. Kind of out of place in Kilkenny as it’s neither bland or inoffensive. I’ll post up a full report in time but in summary it was excellent. Both the venison and pork were cooked perfectly and the staff were attentive without being in your face. It’s no Chapter One but in fairness nothing else is. Farmer will also be happy to know that it’s off the beaten track so you’re unlikely to be sharing the dining room with scumbags.

@Mac a hat tip for your championing of Bistro One. checked it out on Saturday evening and am already looking forward to going back the next time.

Have another date in Sabor Brazil this week. Hope its as good as last time.

Had lunch in the Vintage Kitchen beside Mulligans last week. The food is incredible. How they are still banging out starters for a fiver and mains for a tenner when you see the quality of grub being dished out, I’ll never know. The one drawback is that the place is fairly cramped but can see the chef/owner building up the brand and then moving to a bigger space in a year or two.

Glad you liked it croppy. A great place to be fair.

I ate in Tribeca for the first time yesterday. Wasn’t as good as what everyone had said it was.

Was in the Chill Club off Sth Anne St a couple of weeks back. By far the most original and authentic Thai restaurant in Dublin. Really gorgeous food in there.

Did you get the wings?

Nope I didn’t, went for one of their burgers while Mrs Mac had an omlette

[quote=“Mac, post: 874956, member: 109”]Glad you liked it croppy. A great place to be fair.

I ate in Tribeca for the first time yesterday. Wasn’t as good as what everyone had said it was.

Was in the Chill Club off Sth Anne St a couple of weeks back. By far the most original and authentic Thai restaurant in Dublin. Really gorgeous food in there.[/quote]

speaking of Thai restaurants, has anyone been to Opium there where the Village was on Wexford st?

You need to go back and get the wings. That was your mistake.

I ate in 1826, a relatively new restaurant in Adare, over the Christmas. Highly recommended.
My scallop starter was the nicest starter I’ve ever had (that I can remember anyways).
Pork Belly main was lovely as well, and from what I can recall it was all very reasonably priced. I’ve certainly paid more for far worse food.

The Millstone on Dame Street.Gallaghers Boxty House in Temple Bar and the Pig’s Ear on Nassau Street.

Ah here

FOAD

I don’t know if you would call it a restaurant but I was in Neon on Camden Street last night. I had heard great reports about the place.

I found the food rather ordinary and over priced.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 888276, member: 24”]

I found the food rather ordinary and over priced.[/quote]

perfect for a wannabe snob like yourself so…hope they gave you a seat near the window so everyone could see you were there…:wink:

:smiley: