Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

That’ll be it now for 2022 I’d say. I’ll keep you posted on my 2023 plans

1 Like

Yeah it’s sad. An indictment of the current crisis. He always tried to keep his dishes in a certain price range and to source as much local ingredients as possible. With the cost of everything going up he just couldn’t justify the price he’d have had to charge to make it worth his while so just pulled stumps. You’d have to respect him for it

Ah I’m not like the bourgeois set on here auld son, I’m happy enough with the nachos as a meal out of the crown and a few pints :joy: I’d love to see what the boys make of it though! But yeah, Cistin Eile is a big loss. The sad thing is I don’t think it’s going to be the last either.

Alba in Enniscorthy closed for similar reasons. There’s plenty more to come

That’s Hairy Mick’s ain’t it? Is the one beside Croke Park still open?

Hasn’t been his for years. Twas sold on when he liquidated the shite out of himself. An Italian lad took it on and was making a great go of it for a good while. Will be badly missed as Enniscorthys restaurant scene is somewhere between limited and non existent

1 Like

A Portuguese restaurant all the same :sweat_smile:

Had a lovely bit of dinner in Da Mimmo Italian in the North Strand last night. Italian Chowder is a welcome addition to their menu. A mountain of beautiful shellfish and whitefish in a spicy tomato broth. Outstanding. We had 3 pints in Cusacks next door afterwards. A grand bar. There are some excellent photos and newspaper reports in the walls about the bombing of the North Strand in world war 2 by the Gemermans.

3 Likes

What did you have for the main course.

The first in Ireland as well! Think it was 98 or so when they opened. Serving piri piri chicken at a time when most places wouldn’t look beyond bacon and cabbage

1 Like

A lovely spot - I’d often cycle over at lunchtime for a pizza or pasta there

1 Like

The chowder was actually the main course. More a fish stew to be honest. It would warm the cockles of your heart. I had a lovely caprese salad to start.

2 Likes

Would you have to book for lunch?

No - you might have to come back in 5/10 mins if tables full

1 Like

You are a proper galloping gourmet!

1 Like

They say you’re never more than 7ft from a rat. You’re never more than 7 mins cycle/drive from good nosh in the magnificent Metropole

1 Like

Fucking love it. Learned to make it in San Fran with some wharfies/fishermen who are all of italian stock. They call it Cioppino and is very easy to make but fucking gorgeous

4 Likes

What was it, 2 parts tomato, 2 parts garlic and 3 parts teamster?

1 Like

M&L tonight before the Abbey. Pork Dumplings, French Beans with chili, Fried Cauliflower with smoked bacon. Two bottles of Tsingtao. All up to the usual standard.

9 Likes

Wood tonight in Manchester as a sort of business meeting with wags. I’m tired and not looking forward to it. Two pints in the Albert would be nicer.