Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Tasting menu?

Yes it’s already booked. Wasn’t offered a choice.
It’s fucking freezing outside and half dark already. First high stool night in many months and I’ve to go to lost in translation

1 Like

I’ve moved my booking from Anna Haugh in the Conrad to FXBs for later.

I wasn’t looking forward to Anna Haugh and I am looking forward to FXBs.

I think I’ve had my share of fancy grub for now.

1 Like

are you lucinda osullivan?

Lucinda has been a wrecking ball recently

Fire up the review.

dont have the sub, just saw the header. maybe @Fagan_ODowd can do the necessary

except for SoCoDu fave cavistons

I think its a good sign when a reviewer roasts a place every now and then - it gives a bit more confidence in the good reviews

1 Like

but the lucinda bad ones normally reek of her deeming that she wasnt given the deference due to her. paolo tullio and jay rayner both did excellent bad reviews, tulio would find some positives and never entirely damn the place whereas rayner gets outraged on behalf of the people who are payig good money to get served a ball of shite

She did a hatchet job on the Cliff House and the chef had to walk the plank. That’s the reality of it.

she did one on cleaver east as well but they clapped back

The Cliff House published a rebuttal but the chef is still gone.

Clapped back?

intransitive verb. US, informal. : to respond quickly and sharply to criticism A lot of times when someone says something nasty to you online, your gut reaction is to clap back right away.

1 Like

If you dont buy one of Lucinda’s very expensive plaques you get a shite review. She’s a nasty aul crone and an unmerciful snob.

3 Likes

I think the Cliffhouse had/has fallen from the heights of previous years but they still charge and arm and a leg. At that end of the dining market you need to nail it imho.

3 Likes

I’ll be going there soon. I’ll report back to the forum.

3 Likes

14 Likes

The room was very nice and the staff were lovely.
The chef lad Simon wood is apparently and Oldhamer who won MasterChef (not sure which one) and was in the kitchen throughout. It had all it needed to be outstanding, and we had a lovely evening all told, but the dishes wandered from pleasant to inedible, One toast thing with what looked and tasted like easy singles smushed up and piped out on the top in a thick sausage of gloop is making me feel queasy thinking of it, one concoction with sweetbread in which I couldn’t eat, it was neither warm nor cold, and actually did give you the sense you were chewing bits of an organ which shouldn’t be for human consumption. The main course of some kind of game bird was again not hot enough for me, the breast bit, and the leg bit had some kind of stuffing which was again a bit fatty and well, if McDonalds did quail or whatever it was, that’s what it’d taste like, only it’d be nicer because it was hotter.
There was nothing memorable at all in the dishes, but the whole meal somehow was strangely greater than the sum of its parts.
The wine flight was very good, and well matched, but came a bit too long before the matched course, and the whole evening was four hours, so it wasn’t in any way rushed, but if you hadn’t enjoyed the company, (which I greatly did) it would have been hard work.
I got the bonus of a quite lovely waitress rubbing her boob off my ear a la Nicola as she changed my cutlery.

12 Likes