Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Sensational… Fuck!

Was in Dunbrody Country House this weekend.

Excellent fare but ridiculously overpriced and a very stuffy atmosphere.

Aldridge Lodge over the road far superior imho.

1 Like

Aldridge Lodge is pure class

1 Like

Gave it a miss this time just for a change.

I’d never eaten in Dunbrody before, despite being one of the first staff members there in '97.

Everything is excellent there but you could see how Billy learned his trade there before putting his own twist on it for Aldridge.

When you’re trying to make your way out to the jacks after 5 courses and a bottle of red they call it ‘the Aldridge shuffle’

5 Likes

@Spidey please recommend a restaurant in the Dublin 2 area. Not only that, confirm they have availability on Saturday 10 December at around 8pm. I’m lacking match fitness when it forms to city centre dining options.

1 Like

You mug. That’s prime time.
Pickle
Bah 33
Peploes
FXBs
One Pico

Fill yer boots

1 Like

Job done. Thank you @Spidey.

1 Like

Plus one for FXBs, savage stuff altogether. I’m in Bah 33 next week and will report back on it. Looks noble and I’m intrigued by the chicken hearts.

2 Likes

Heading to FXBs tmrw on a jolly for the FAI Cup final. Gonna make a pig of myself for a change

4 Likes

They are lovely.

I’m in Dublin for the week, going to ate my way through the week. Bah 33 is top of the hit list

4 Likes

Like salty bits of pork. Had them at a Brazilian bbq before pleasantly tasty.

First meal of the week takeaway from some dumpling place in Dun Laoghaire. Little dumpling or something. Kimchi Dumplings. Unraleable. Chicken Dumplings. Meh

Going to ate my way around the food market in Dun Laoghaire tomorrow

2 Likes

A right feed earlier in FXBs. Tbone with few shared starters - bacon and cabbage scallops, beef cheek nuggets (OMG) and develled lamb kidneys - wow

Good day out in aviva. Mrs spideys family are all from Derry and we celebrated appropriately. Spidey junior got to meet James McLean and his legs are still wobbling

19 Likes

Did the Jackeens give McClean abuse for not wearing a poppy? He hasn’t matured as a nation.

Chapter One (I had a voucher). Food and wine lovely. Service very slow. Way too long between the courses.

6 Likes

Is it still very hard to get in there?

Wicked. Booked early september for a table on a wet Tuesday in mid November. Still they honoured a voucher with a stated 18 month life span purchased in May 2018.

1 Like