Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Was the bone marrow nice? Don’t think I’ve ever had it.

It was, it was lovely. Place has a less friendly feel to it than it used to have under the old Maitre D’ (Martin?) and staff.

1 Like

This was good. Too good probably.

Not my first Brazilian BBQ rodeo so I knew what to expect. But its still hard to pace yourself and they landing down a load of unreal looking meats.

I was very sparing with the salad bar, although you’d need something to cut across the meat, and I was strict enough that if it wasn’t delcious I didn’t finish it. Avoided the cheese completely though it looked lovely. But still its an awful hape of food.

About an hour in I was quenched and called time. Then they arrived on with this and sure I had to have a go

I was creaking then and absolutely stuffed and this went by and sure what could you do only ate it

It was all very good. Round steak my personal highlight. Tomato salsa thingy was a lovely little palate cleanser between meats as well.

The food is landing as soon as you are so no hanging around. Only booked last night, but there was people turned away when we were there. Not bad for a November wednesday. €50 a head inc tea or coffee reasonable enough for the way things are now.

You wouldn’t want to be going on anywhere for the night and you wouldn’t want to be going on a date where you were planning on getting the leg over after. I am only coming around now two hours later.

Apologies @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy the carbon footprint is in tatters after it. Though I did get the bus in and out. An offset of sorts

Cc @spidey @Realbhoy

21 Likes

:smile:

Auld age is a cunt.

1 Like

It is. But I was never able to drink after a feed. The meal at a wedding knocks me off my stride for hours. No harm says you

3 Likes

Yep, atyin and drinking are two different nights.

1 Like

In like Flynn. Great review, sounds smashing.

Worth a visit anyway for sure. Something different from the norm

1 Like

Were condiments and assorted sauces widely available? Not just mayo and ketchup now. I’m talking hot sauces and chimichurri perhaps?

Chimchurri available at salad bar but no not many sauces available, eg pepper, bearnaise. Don’t think you really need them.

Great grubbing @Julio_Geordio - pacing is key and I definitely skipped a few at the end. A strong mojito for dessert set me straight

Wasn’t much by the way of sauces really. I’d say they’d be insulted if you used them

Any provenance on the meats?

All Irish they said

Big Gaz from Mikes doing the PR rounds this weekend in a big way. He must be a man who is under serious pressure opening up the new big place in Blackrock on top of his other interests. Or are his clientele insulated from any tightening of the belts etc I wonder? 70 staff, 40 with families I saw him mention in an article.

I’ve had cause to eat out with two separate mates and their respective fiancés (and my own girlfriend who is very definitely not my fiancé) recently. Went to El Grito and Big Fan and would recommend both. Exceptionally tasty stuff. Big Fan, in particular, was unreal. The constant bringing-out-of the food was ideal for a fella with a roaster appetite like myself.

4 Likes

Delicious

My wife was in Big Mikes last night. She thought it was a bit meh.

I’ve heard good things about Park Cafe in Ballsbridge.

Got a cracking review last week in the Times I think. Youd be doing well to get a table before the pudding

1 Like

No bookings available alright but you might get a walk in - apparently they’ve staff shortages limiting number of bookings they’ll take

1 Like

He’s hardly going to get a bad review (do irish critics even give bad reviews?) When he’s such a social media darling and part of the twitter circle jerk.