Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

I think @artfoley has eaten here and liked it.

1 Like
1 Like

@TreatyStones see above. Those lads are reviewing Bouef and Frites which is same owners as Bouef. But have heard good reports that the steak was 100% even if the sauces weren’t. Seems to be pitching itself as a Dublin version of La Relais de Venise. For that price it’s worth a look though.
Lucinda O’Sullivan gave it a half decent review but they probably promised to buy one of her plates for putting on the wall.

4 Likes

Nice bit of tea there in Shanahans tonight for a birthday celebration. Starved myself today so had a good wallop. Was very good but price heavy. Got some Taste.ie deal where bottle of bubbly, desserts and petit fours were gratis - usually worth €200. About 60 dining tonight which is good for a Tuesday

16 Likes

I don’t know how you do it.

4 Likes

Did you have your princess with you?

Mrs Spidey on the Clonmel champagne?

1 Like

Was in my beloved M&L myself last night. Group of 6 of us. I had dumplings, smoky cauliflower and bacon and sea bass in a hot and spicy sauce. The table also had two portions of the famed green beans. It was a grand feast all in all and our appetites were well sated. I chose not to stand on the scales this morning.

8 Likes

He must be as fat as a fool

Did you really need to take and post a photo of the bit of bread?

Digestif

2 Likes

Went to the Dunmore in Rathmines last night. Owned by the Foyle siblings who run the Strand in Dunmore East. Big impressive space with a big spend on the fit out. Food was good. Tuna carpaccio to start and a generous fillet of hake for the main. Bottle of Picpoul to wash it down and then a couple of pints to finish. It was doing a roaring trade.

8 Likes

Holy fuck. Some grubbing. you have the life of @Spidey

3 Likes

You have to do what you have to do.

1 Like

Myself and Mrs Barnes had a very enjoyable early bird in Hawksmoor. Tremendous steak. Impressive setting too.

2 Likes

It’s very nice if overpriced

It is expensive. Steak is gone an awful price everywhere

2 Likes

@Spidey is putting away a percentile of the national herd every week

3 Likes

Another positive is that is helping to lower methane emissions by reducing the national herd😀 Seriously though we’re up for an overnight at the end of May and can’t decide between Hawksmoor and Boeuf et Frites for grub: what would the recommendation of the esteemed forumites be?