Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

What the fuck has you in ballbriggan?

I saw it when Miguel Portillo was there for his show and it looked a fine and noble town.

to answer my own question…

Opium is a great spot. Food is really good, and good drinks menu there too. Reasonably priced too, nothing too cheap but not over the top either. Definitely recommended.

[quote=“Gman, post: 892581, member: 112”]to answer my own question…

Opium is a great spot. Food is really good, and good drinks menu there too. Reasonably priced too, nothing too cheap but not over the top either. Definitely recommended.[/quote]

Might tip in there this evening for a pre drink. Is it fancy?

no not at all, sure arent I only a bogger myself and I was accepted there. there was a bar still there, different layout from when it was the village bar from memory, but lots of tables for dining. not sure what the story was with the bar, if it was a sit up there and wait for a table job, or just walk in and have a few drinks and piss off again. food is excellent there tho, well worth it.

Is it more a food place then?

as thai restaurants go, probably, yes.

:smiley:

I didn’t know it was a Thai place thought it was just a bar with food. I’ll leave it for another night so.

I didn’t know it was a Thai place thought it was just a bar with food. I’ll leave it for another night so.[/quote]

Yes, Gmans original question about Thai restaurants really confused matters

Anybody eat in that Drury Buildings place near Fade Street Social and can you recommend it or is it still a bit too new and hipster.

Also has anybody ever managed to eat in 777 on Georges Street - I like Mexican food but tried there once or twice and it was a silly wait for a table and I think you can’t book it. Is it worth the wait or again just a hipster spot?

Work.

You’re off your head old sport

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 892620, member: 2272”]Anybody eat in that Drury Buildings place near Fade Street Social and can you recommend it or is it still a bit too new and hipster.

[/quote]

Is that Medley you’re referring to? Not bad food but bit of a cunt spot. Portion sizes were small too. We booked out the place for our Christmas party and the head fella in Medley couldn’t get his head round why there were people grumbling about toilets when there about 50 blokes there and only one WC and no urinals.

Only saw this now - yeah 4 hours. What did you think?

New place in Stillorgan called RIBA.

Excellent tucker. Three course early bird for 23 (€5 supplement for 9oz rump steak).

Have chicken liver parfait to start and chocolate brownie for dessert.

Will def be back.

I was in an awful cunt of a place in Liffey Valley last night.

Steak and Grill or something like that.

Avoid at all costs.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 893324, member: 24”]I was in an awful cunt of a place in Liffey Valley last night.

Avoid at all costs.[/quote]
Why in fucks name would you expect to find a top Dublin restaurant in a black spot like Liffey Valley.

Obviously after Kinvaras Passion excellent hotel review in the area

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 893324, member: 24”]I was in an awful cunt of a place in Liffey Valley last night.

Avoid at all costs.[/quote]

I had you down as a fairly savvy punter. Obviously not.

I never said I expected to find one. I had the misfortune of eating in there over the weekend out of necessity and wanted to warn others away from the hell hole.

You cranky old bollox.