Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

So what do you do after you’ve looked at the menu with the coffee?

it’s not a bad place and they don’t charge any extra for a double shot either

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 987770, member: 2272”]That 3FE place was recommended as a coffee place to visit before you die which has confirmed a long held view I have held that those lists are absolutely to be ignored

http://www.buzzfeed.com/yezminvillarreal/coffeeshops-you-need-to-see-before-you-die

What’s the Butcher’s Grill in Ranelagh like?[/QUOTE]

It’s fantastic. Excellent cuts of beef cooked immaculately.

I haven’t had better steak in Dublin. *

• I’m going to Shanahan’s next week so this may change.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 987770, member: 2272”]That 3FE place was recommended as a coffee place to visit before you die which has confirmed a long held view I have held that those lists are absolutely to be ignored

http://www.buzzfeed.com/yezminvillarreal/coffeeshops-you-need-to-see-before-you-die

What’s the Butcher’s Grill in Ranelagh like?[/QUOTE]

I work right beside that place, sometimes at lunch I go down there with a placard to warn potential customers about the dangers of coffee

also its shit too

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 987789, member: 80”]I work right beside that place, sometimes at lunch I go down there with a placard to warn potential customers about the dangers of coffee

also its shit too[/QUOTE]
Do you work in the bookies or Nama?

I work in holles st mate, im a mid wife

@Mac - I’m going to a wedding in the Gorey area and will be heading south the day before. Can you recommend somewhere in Gorey to have an evening meal please? King Cod would be my choice but don’t think the people with me will be too happy with it.

[QUOTE=“Turenne, post: 949030, member: 232”]Good to see Sage is still going well, relatively cheap by Irish prices as well.

The Thai in Midleton is supposed to be very good as well.[/QUOTE]
you would not know a good pad Thai if it came up and kicked you in the bollix mate

What type of food and price range are you looking for BT?

Price is not an issue. Something good, not ethnic. Cheers pal.

Try The Bistro on the avenue, you’ll need to book in advance.

A spectacular mugging awaits you pal.

On a side note I ate in Sha-Roe in Clonegal on Sunday. Possibly one of the finest restaurants in Ireland.

I love this place. Outstanding food

Got a voucher from a friend so shd be grand.

Where’s Clonegal? Is it in Wexford?

On the Wexford Wicklow Carlow border. Not far from Bunclody.

The tri state area.

@farmerinthecity

So you’ll happily pay 45 euro for an 8 oz fillet steak… and another 20 euro to fill the rest of the plate.

I’d call that a mugging … actually a spectacular mugging, knowing that your from an Agri family.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 988178, member: 686”]@farmerinthecity

So you’ll happily pay 45 euro for an 8 oz fillet steak… and another 20 euro to fill the rest of the plate.

I’d call that a mugging … actually a spectacular mugging, knowing that your from an Agri family.[/QUOTE]

The only time I was in Shanahans was on a work night out years ago. I found the whole experience pretty good, particularly impressed with the non snobbish bit of craic attitude of the waiting staff. I had the usual few pints on board, eyes bigger than stomach type feeling. I got a massive steak which was lovely but which I couldn’t finish. I found all the trimmings delicious as well -particularly the bread.

Yes it is probably possible to get that in most places at a reduced price but the service and setting was what really impressed me. A member of the party was celebrating their birthday and a cake was brought out at the end free of charge. No one actually told them about her birthday so they must have overheard. I know the boss man was dropping a fair amount of dosh in there but they didn’t have to do that.

We don’t kill our cattle KP so I my agri background doesn’t come into play much here. Also I am not a big restaurant man.