Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

@Fagan ODowd, is Fade St completely overrated and overpriced like I expect?

the restaurant part is expensive I think but the food is good

the tapas part is decent although menu could do with being refreshed

I preferred the tapas part of it but if you are a foodie the restaurant part is probably better. If you are out for a night with food and a few drinks I would go with the tapas part of it.

Pop over to the Drury Buildings afterwards for a craft beer.

Yup. There are far better places to enjoy Tapas in Dublin.

The place on Camden Street is supposed to be excellent but I’ve not been there yet.

Don’t think I have eaten there so I can’t comment.

Had a lovely lunch there in the Pho Viet on Parnell Street.

I don’t think the restaurant is overpriced. It’s decent food and the prices are reasonable enough.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 988218, member: 2272”]the restaurant part is expensive I think but the food is good

the tapas part is decent although menu could do with being refreshed

I preferred the tapas part of it but if you are a foodie the restaurant part is probably better. If you are out for a night with food and a few drinks I would go with the tapas part of it.

Pop over to the Drury Buildings afterwards for a craft beer.[/QUOTE]

can this nonsense be ended now once and for all

So the highlight of @farmerinthecity’s trip to Shanahan’s was the bread

You can be really cutting when you want to be. You should pan your reply out a bit more.

I sliced you in two there farmer, that’s the way I roll.

Mate, sit back, have a coffee, and chill out.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 988226, member: 306”]Yup. There are far better places to enjoy Tapas in Dublin.

The place on Camden Street is supposed to be excellent but I’ve not been there yet.[/QUOTE]

Tapas de Lola - probably the best Tapas I’ve had in Dublin. Very very nice

:mad:

People rave about Lolas and I don’t really get it. It’s grand but the same as most places. Bit of salt, bit of garlic, hard to go too far wrong.

If your standards are ‘bit of salt, bit of garlic’ then you’re not expecting much I suppose

Not my standards, my perception of tapas. Port House, La Bodega, Lolas, Viva etc. - all I’m saying is there isn’t that much to differentiate them foodwise imo. I wouldn’t really consider tapas fine dining.

This thread will suffice.

Chaps, looking for a casual rather than fine dining recommendation for South Dublin City Centre.

More along the lines of Market Bar or somewhere (though I don’t really like tapas) than a fancy/formal restaurant.

Yes, more bar than restaurant and more casual than fine but not Eddie Rocket’s casual.

Please assist.

@Fran[/USER], [USER=53]@Juhniallio[/USER], [USER=2272]@TheUlteriorMotive[/USER], [USER=706]@Fagan ODowd, @OtherForumEaters.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999595, member: 9”]This thread will suffice.

Chaps, looking for a casual rather than fine dining recommendation for South Dublin City Centre.

More along the lines of Market Bar or somewhere (though I don’t really like tapas) than a fancy/formal restaurant.

Yes, more bar than restaurant and more casual than fine but not Eddie Rocket’s casual.

Please assist.

@Fran[/USER], [USER=53]@Juhniallio[/USER], [USER=2272]@TheUlteriorMotive[/USER], [USER=706]@Fagan ODowd, @OtherForumEaters.[/QUOTE]

777 on Georges Street
Fade Street Social on Fade Street

SuperMissSue fish and chips place near Fade Street

Is Dillingers in Ranelagh too far out or Pizza e Porchetta Grand Canal too far out

How was Shanahans?

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999595, member: 9”]This thread will suffice.

Please assist.

@Fran[/USER], [USER=53]@Juhniallio[/USER], [USER=2272]@TheUlteriorMotive[/USER], [USER=706]@Fagan ODowd, @OtherForumEaters.[/QUOTE]

What type food are you looking for? If we talking mid range then;

Keshk or Assador down your end are good meaty places.

777 is supposed to be a really nice mexican up by the market bar area (haven’t been myself).

http://www.hophouse.ie/ this place does savage Korean food, however it is on the Northside :eek:
[SIZE=4]The Bank on Dame street does decent “Irish” type food.

Lower than that would be some place like Aussie BBQ or Bunsen on Camden Street[/SIZE]