Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

I’m a big fan of Juniors on Bath avenue. Probably just at the higher end of the casual dining spectrum.

Thanks @TheUlteriorMotive[/USER], [USER=332]@Julio Geordio[/USER], [USER=1533]@glasagusban. I’m familiar with all those places listed around the Baggot St, Ballsbridge, GCD area. Looking for something more town based tonight though so will add 777, The Bank, SuperMissSue, Aussie BBQ etc to the list for discussion.

+1. Paulie’s Pizza beside it is winner too.

I can report that Shanahan’s was ‘meh’.

The Butcher Grill in Ranelagh is far superior for half the price.

Had brunch in The Whitefriar Grill last Sunday - lovely Chicken Parm. Will definitely be going back.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999595, member: 9”]This thread will suffice.

Chaps, looking for a casual rather than fine dining recommendation for South Dublin City Centre.

More along the lines of Market Bar or somewhere (though I don’t really like tapas) than a fancy/formal restaurant.

Yes, more bar than restaurant and more casual than fine but not Eddie Rocket’s casual.

Please assist.

@Fran[/USER], [USER=53]@Juhniallio[/USER], [USER=2272]@TheUlteriorMotive[/USER], [USER=706]@Fagan ODowd, @OtherForumEaters.[/QUOTE]

Vintage cocktail club does tasty plates mate.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999595, member: 9”]This thread will suffice.

Chaps, looking for a casual rather than fine dining recommendation for South Dublin City Centre.

More along the lines of Market Bar or somewhere (though I don’t really like tapas) than a fancy/formal restaurant.

Yes, more bar than restaurant and more casual than fine but not Eddie Rocket’s casual.

Please assist.

@Fran[/USER], [USER=53]@Juhniallio[/USER], [USER=2272]@TheUlteriorMotive[/USER], [USER=706]@Fagan ODowd, @OtherForumEaters.[/QUOTE]

Tapas de lola is perfect…just across from Solas on wexford street …treat yourself and your other half to an array of different tapas dishes and show her what a discernible palate you have…

This is a lads’ catch up, pal. Myself, a returning emigrant and a couple of others. I rowed back on the thread opening “Things That Are Wrong” post a couple of years ago. It’s now completely fine/normal for a group of male friends to meet up for some food and a chat in a relaxed atmosphere.

Fashion crisis hits D4, I saw Bandage he was eating decor,
He said its what you have to do to be cool, you eat your plate instead of your food

:smiley:

Would agree with most of the above recommendations (except 777 - utter cunts)
The Exchequer is good for food.
Had a lovely lunch in Copppinger Row the weekend
Bear is alright if you like your meat
Damson Diner for less casual than Eddie Rockets style food

Damson Diner for less casual than Eddie Rockets style food[/QUOTE]

Bear is an overrated pile of shite.

Damson Diner for less casual than Eddie Rockets style food[/QUOTE]
Have you just named all the bars/restaurants owned by Leinster rugby players?

He left out Slatterys and The Bath but I dont know if either does food.

she’s changed you already pal… “why do you have to go out and get drunk every time you meet your friends ?? why don’t you just meet up for a meal on a week night? …that way we can spend the weekend together instead of you dying on the couch with a hangover”… run while you still can pal!!

Have I? Bollix. I just mentally walked up South William St to be honest.

Scratch that Barty - just throw €200 in a card

777 is next door to the George - I was there with the missus and due to the Fitness thread I was still approached. Brazen. A group of former semi-high level sports men will have no peace there.

If it was a group of lads I would go to SuperMissSue - fish and chips is lads food - not sure tapas is

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 999628, member: 2272”]777 is next door to the George - I was there with the missus and due to the Fitness thread I was still approached. Brazen. A group of former semi-high level sports men will have no peace there.

If it was a group of lads I would go to SuperMissSue - fish and chips is lads food - not sure tapas is[/QUOTE]

taps is defo not …bucket of chicken wings between them and then gulp down the bowl of water and lemon soup they never even asked for after…

Got a grand piece of steak for two after a days trudging around the shops, so i was possibly in Post Traumatic Shock

@Bartosz Bereszynskiego I think the Elephant and Castle might be ideal for your party.

where is the best carvery in d2?

Its 3-4 years since I ate a carvery but Sinnotts on Stephens Green was usually the best. Only mugs eat carverys though. Who’d want food left sitting out for 4-5 hours before eating.