Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

[quote=“Mac, post: 160040”]

Fran, as someone who appreciates quality food, what would you recommend as your top 5 places to go in Dublin?[/quote]

I don’t know if I’d have a top 5 or anything. I think Dublin has a very good selection of places to eat but that’s coming from a muck savage like me. Amongst my favourite places would be;

Chapter one, Le Guilleton (fade street), the green hen (exchequer street), chez max (beside Dublin castle), pichet (just off dame lane).

Some excellent early bird value available at most of those place.

I haven’t eaten there yet but pearl brasserie is supposed to be excellent as is l’ecrivain

Juniors in Ringsend is probably my favourite restaurant in Dublin. Small place, no bookings, great atmosphere, brilliant food. And their Sunday brunch is just noble.

I’m interested. Whereabouts in Ringsend is this?

[quote=“Fran, post: 160050”]

I don’t know if I’d have a top 5 or anything. I think Dublin has a very good selection of places to eat but that’s coming from a muck savage like me. Amongst my favourite places would be;

Chapter one, Le Guilleton (fade street), the green hen (exchequer street), chez max (beside Dublin castle), pichet (just off dame lane).

Some excellent early bird value available at most of those place.

I haven’t eaten there yet but pearl brasserie is supposed to be excellent as is l’ecrivain[/quote]

Pearl Brasserie is very nice but quite snooty. I was in the Pig’s Ear on Nassau St for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I’d recommend it quite highly. There’s a new restaurant opening opposite the 51 that I’m really looking forward to trying.

Beside Slattrerys pub.

Slatterys at the junction? That’s not ringsend! Clarkey, what kind of price range is the pigs ear?

For fuck sake. Ringsend my bollix.

[quote=“Mac, post: 160055”]

Slatterys at the junction? That’s not ringsend! Clarkey, what kind of price range is the pigs ear?[/quote]

Don’t know Mac as the company was paying. From hazy recollection the best I could say is that it’s not very expensive, maybe mid-range.

Ah I know where Junior’s is now. I’ve meant to go for brunch down in Farmer Brown’s there but never got round to it.

Juniors of Bath Av is very busy most times but mostly populated by the worse type of wankers you would wish to dine with.
The types who wear shorts in November and shades on their heads.

Farmer brownes down the road is a super little deli id recommend for lunch.

The Pigs ear is awesome, one of the best quality:price ratios around.

Yerra it’s a few hundred metres on the road from slatterys up towards Ringsend. Found the restaurant food simple and excellent but the brunch is unbeatable. The kitchen is open alongside the restaurant too which makes a nice atmosphere I think.

its right next door to slatterys fucking helll have you even been there?

Yup. While I lived in Ringsend, and always walked the couple hundred yards as far as it. Sorry if my geography wasn’t accurate enough for you, I’ll be sure to stick a pin and a google maps link next time i mention anywhere near anywhere lest I cause you any high blood pressure again.

I would imagine that you must have visited Prestos once or twice so my friend-quality chipper but they know how to charge too.

i dont believe you were ever in juniors but instead mentioned it merely to jump into the conversation.

You got me.

lookit you wont get away with the likes of that round here, you will get found out, ridiculed and labelled a paedophile
its not worth it

I’ve learned my lesson. Honest.

Remembered another one. Koishi. Really great Japanese restaurant. Lovely staff and still the nicest sushi I’ve ever had.

HBV this ones in ballsbridge. Now, it’s not exactly on the bridge itself but I’d say it’s only about 150 yards away. Maybe two at the outside. It’s across the road from Rolys. But not directly across the road, it’s prob about 20 yards down from it. Sorry I can’t be more specific.

Keshk, just off Baggot Street is the best value restaurant in town at the minute. You can bring your own drink as well for those on a budget, with no corkage charge.