Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

I was supposed to be going to Cork tonight but in a late change of plans we went to Nevilles instead. Surprised there hasn’t been a review here to date considering all the chat about it before it opened.

Food was really good. Service good. Good value too. We had two fillet steaks with the trimmings one salmon dish and one main course of mussels. One bottle of wine one bottle of beer 3 coffees and 2 desserts for 105 quid. Can’t argue with that. The place was heaving. Very comfortable and they have done a super job on it. The locals I was with reckon it will take a lot from adare as the pub grub options are poor there. The food area is somewhat sectioned off from the bar and the bar was packed as well. Fine smoking area too with a pool table.

Drink was also reasonable enough. 2 x hendrix and fever tree and 2 x pints lager was 24 quid even.

In summary they are going to clean up in there I’d say. Would definitely recommend and return.

I hope I didn’t piss in any of the West Limerick boys cornflakes now by getting a review in out of turn

3 Likes

In the Port Authority Building at the back of Shaws (Almost Nationwide)

3 Likes

Informative.

Coincidentally I’ve been feasting on that sourdough bread over the past few days. Very tasty

It looked really lively last night even from the road, we were sorry we had booked the wild geese but it’s top of my eating out to do list for now.
I thought you were based in and around Cork city?

My missus is a West limerick head so down that neck of the woods a lot

The place did look pretty classy from the outside in dark alright. I’d say they spent untold money there. The car park alone probably cost 100k

1 Like

Going back to Dunmore through Tramore so I’ll pick up a loaf there.

2 Likes

I must pay a visit, as you say the pub grub in Adare is fairly mediocre.

@backinatracksuit re the Wild Geese I thought the same, while the food is very good and portions decent the whole experience is a bit dated. I probably wouldn’t go back given the other options in the area.

1 Like

Was there two weeks ago. Superb.

Does everyplace close early tonight involving food? Limerick city and environs.

Chickenhut will be open I’d say.

I’d fuckin murder a super dinner box right now

2 Likes

Fantastic advice so far.
Are places open tonight?
Do they close early?
Am I wasting my time, as everywhere will be packed out.

I’d say of the three options the latter is most likely. Doubt restaurants will close early.

1 Like

Why would places not be open tonight?

Close early for New Year’s Eve?

I’m going out now for a family meal to try and create a nice memory for myself before going back to England to face my demons, I expect one of us will be dead this time next year, most probably me.

3 Likes

:grinning:

I think most places in Limerick city would be open but I defer to the locals.

Put a bit of limestone in your bag before leaving.

1 Like

Enjoy, mate. Are you staying local in Tipperary or will you drive over to Clare or Galway like you’ve been doing regularly during Christmas?

3 Likes