Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

What did you have?

Had their novel platter of scallops, black pudding and pork belly. Delicious. Opened with the chowder.

I can confirm that Shanahans no longer have an ad in Cara. However, the Pigs Ear do. And so does a place I’ve been meaning to check out, The Green Hen. Has anyone dined here?

for fuck sake

No offence Shannonsider but scallops and black pudding is hardly novel. As a dish it’s as common as muck.

I didn’t like it much, got really pot.service. Will give it a second chance soon though.

Ah right, twas new to me, I never choose scallops usually.

I was obviously asking everyone else Fran. I know you’ve eaten there, jeez louise.

its hardly common as muck now in fairness…fookin hate food snobs… :angry:

I had dinner in Yamamori last night, I had the Chicken Teriyaki dish and I thought it was nice. I found the portions to be of a good size and the restaurant itself was very vibrant and busy. I drank a few Asian beers as well. Price was pretty reasonable, a solid 8/10 for me.

They do the best value lunch in Dublin in my opinion. Bento box for a tenner. Miso soup, two pieces of sushi with wasabi etc, bowl of rice and two hot options something like a beef curry and pan fried hake.

Off to Thai Garden in Blanchardstown tonight which is definitely in the top 5 thai restaurants in Dublin.

Stretching it a bit to call it a Restaurant but Paris Bakery and Pastry on Moore Street is one of the best eating houses in Dublin. Myself and my companion had excellent breakfast here this morning as we perused the stunning array of hand crafted breads, pastries, and cakes to purchase to take away or eat in. A gem.

Used to be a fan myself but have moved on. They pushed up the prices alot since they opened and I don’t like the sulky bollix with the medallion who does be on the till. The bread is very, very good but shit like the seating needs major improving, as you say restaurant is stretching it a bit but it could be a more comfortable cafe. Was it really necessary to add security? Is Moore St really that bad?

lovely place but location is a disaster…hate that street…every type of mongrel wandering round the place…

Ate in lockes on the canal tonight, what a load of overhyped shite

was in Molughneys of clontarf the other night…thought food was very nice…very rich…anyone ever eat in the sandbar.,Picasso´s or Hemningways (i think its called) ?

Was often curious about that place but never went. Could you give some more detail on the negative aspects of it kid?

Sure ss, the starters were very limiting, it’s a french place as you know, snails are out of the question as are any shell fish, which as you are well aware were placed at the bottom of the sea for a very good reason. I ended up having a beet root platter with goats cheese and buttermilk. It was a tiny serving, if you’d inhaled quickly it would have disappeared . Was ok but a tiny portion well presented on black state but as I said more pretentious than tasty. The for my main I went for monkfish which I was told was all gone. I ended up having rabbit and potato gratin, which was tasty i will admit but again, tiny portions. The bread was too salty and to cap it all you have to pay 11 euro for dessert, which I skipped, my wife’s panacotta was nice but 11 , that’s piss taking. Anyway I stormed into the Lower deck and had a nice toasty and 3 pints to calm myself . Very traumatic evening for me, I am going back home today, give me the honey dew in in lisdoon any day

Rory carville was the head chef on duty BTW

The head chef in lockes I meant, I didnt get the name of the chap who did my toasty in the lower deck