Top 10 Traditional Pubs in Ireland

Great shout Souldressing.

Flano, there’s a pub in close proximity to Dundalk train station that does draught McArdles;)!

They do draught McArdles in Mulligans and the Halfway House Ben.

And the location you mention is worse that Enniscorthy.

Peadar Kearneys, good shout there Souldressing :p.

By the way. I haven’t seen you two post on here in a while. Is it an effort to get noticed before the aforementioned TFK Christmas party?

[quote=“Flano”]Peadar Kearneys, good shout there Souldressing :p.

By the way. I haven’t seen you two post on here in a while. Is it an effort to get noticed before the aforementioned TFK Christmas party?[/quote]

Must be an IOTM competition coming up :stuck_out_tongue:

The guy who penned this is called “Turtle Bunbury”

The Cork lads might be able to help me with these ones.

In Cork City, by the Coal Quay, small pub, Dennehy’s? Great pub
On the turn out of Kinsale on the way to Charles Fort… can’t think of it, nice pub though

[quote=“Locke”]The Cork lads might be able to help me with these ones.

In Cork City, by the Coal Quay, small pub, Dennehy’s? Great pub
On the turn out of Kinsale on the way to Charles Fort… can’t think of it, nice pub though[/quote]

Great call on Dennehys Locke, might get a bit sweaty in there myself tonight. Guinness is good, but the lads say the Murphys is unbelieveable, not a Murphys man myself, but these boys are hardcore Murphys.

I’d say your on about the Bulman in Kinsale LOcke? Does that ring a bell?

As regards Murphys - the best pint I’ve ever had was in O’ Sullivan’s Bar on Bere Island.

Murphy’s is fucking rank, having lived there for 7 years I strongly suspect even Cork people don’t like it, they only drink to keep up this charade of wanting to be different from the rest of the country

I think in fairness your off there. There is no doubt Guinness has grown in popularity down here, but the vast majority of Stout drinkers in the city would drink Murphys, and would love it and dislike Guinness. Now maybe there is a bit of the old loyalty card being played, but generally its still numero uno.
Beamish on the other hand i don’t get at all, but it’s getting more and more popular (Beamish must love the recession). I think in some pub somewhere (can’t remember the pub or the story too well) that if you went for 6 pints with your mate, he drinks Guinness and you drink Beamish, you get 6 pints for the price of his 5.

O Connells in Eyre Sq. Great for stout and rugby. Neachtains is a posers pub strictly for students, shitheads and tourists.In fact its perfect for the type of people who compose top 10 lists. Gills on the corner of Ncr and Jones’ rd is another fine establishment. Chapalins and the International are two more decent shops that spring to mind in and around the Liffey.

Fuck off hard balls

o connells is a good spot alright…good friend of mine works behind the bar there…

yeah, why dont you go fuck yourself hard balls

Youre’ obviously in top form tonight NCC.

gerry ryan inspired me to post that

Not true
Lived on the stuff for 4 yrs

An absolute hidden gem of a “traditional” pub in limerick city is J.J Bowles in thomondgate…great old world feel to the place, good banter with the regulars, fine and big and a lovely smoking area looking over at king johns castle…great spot the day of a munster match or a match in the gaelic grounds as there is always a nice mix of supporters and locals and never too busy on a match day…

noctors bar just off the IFSC is a must see bar for our country cousins- close to major train & bus stations & the main financial hub its in a great location - its a heady mix of locals watching the hours pass by or there might be a major deal going down(it is very close to the IFSC after all).

Despite its great location prices are very reasonable & im sure you will get some great Dublin witticisms that the more eatablished touristy pubs would die for

next time all you country boys are up- make a beeline to this place

I’d say I know your friend.
The pubs namesake was in there last night enjoying his week off. Looks a bit like the fella in your picture there puke. Sound man.
Pleased to meet you Flano