Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

This is going to be a fucking awesome thread.

When will the Dublin Bikes scheme be expanded out to Sandymount strand?

Not sure, bro. There’s two relatively new stands open on Barrow Street and outside ARUP’s. That’s about as far out as they go I think.

I’ve used the new one on Barrow St, hipster central

Everything about that street sucks balls, bud apart from the google talent. Hipsters, clueless taxi drivers blocking the road, a shit Spar with a fucking Insomnia coffee spot, the road itself is in bits…I could go on…

This probably belongs more in here.

Disagree with that, Murrays was a local institution but it was finished. These lads have done a great job turning it around and plenty of old locals are back drinking in there now. The Bath and the Beggars Bush are the only pubs I could drink in down there now.

Has The Oarsman lost any trade to Sober Lane?

What was the pub in this area farmers mate got all uppity for playing a bit of music on a weekend?

Think it was The Ship Wright, aka Sally O’Brien’s.

Where is that?

Thorncastle street, come over the bridge from town do a left at the church and it’s at the end of the row of shops opposite. A refreshingly rough boozer in an area that has almost totally been gentrified.

Ah yes, on the way down to where half of GCD park for free every day

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 1025687, member: 1074”]This probably belongs more in here.

Disagree with that, Murrays was a local institution but it was finished. These lads have done a great job turning it around and plenty of old locals are back drinking in there now. The Bath and the Beggars Bush are the only pubs I could drink in down there now.

Has The Oarsman lost any trade to Sober Lane?[/QUOTE]
We’ll agree to disagree, bud. Whatever about Murrays the Bath is a cunthole-haven’t been there in about a year so maybe it has changed. The Oar is flying it at the moment. Getting a fair bit of theatre crowd and he is gradually putting a bit of money back into it. Maybe veering dangerously close to another “gastro pub” effort but still a good few Ringsend locals boozing there. My Thursday and Saturday evening pints staple.

What qualifies as a ‘gastro pub’? Does it have to be a certain type of food?

Extremely shit food.

Roof slates for plates

any of ye pals with Niamh Horan?

From what I’ve seen you serve tiny portions of chips in small metal buckets

not good enough food to be a restaurant, not good enough craic to be a pub

I see her occasionally and she always has a grand big smile for me. She seems like a really nice girl.

+1

she gets a hard time on here