Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

It sickens me that this abomination was ever built.

Were you doing a bit of DIY today @Horsebox?

1 Like

Shit needed doing and I’m a doer.

2 Likes

Jaysus that BGE is some boon to the GCD. Passed it there earlier in the car and the place was heaving. The IFSC really missed a trick in not having a mass market entertainment venue.

Watching the scum run from AGS down Sheriff Street from the office window is entertainment enough in the IFSC.

FAO of @Bandage

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/silicon-docks-office-unit-for-sale-in-excess-of-3-75m-1.3389533?mode=amp

1 Like

That looks like a penthouse apartment with a wrap around balcony in the top left corner of the picture accompanying the article.

I know the Init Yoga crowd were unceremoniously kicked out of the ground floor unit before Christmas.

I didn’t realise the Yoga crowd were gone. I’ll have to find a new Yoga place to talk about “really must start going there” but never actually go there so.

1 Like

Init yoga ?
Are you that naive @Bandage.

Is the brothel still going?

It’s Yoga, init?

1 Like

Did their landlords show a lack of flexibility?

4 Likes

Yoga crowd couldn’t stretch to the new rent?

No room for downward dog in upward only rent reviews.

I heard they asked if they could bring the equipment the landlord had fitted the place out with. Landlord told them “nah, mats stay”

2 Likes

No, mate. The owners of floors G, 1, 2, 3 and 4 kicked out the short term let company who was running the serviced apartment business for the apartments on floors 1-4 inclusive on 31st March 2017 upon the lease expiry. Unfortunately the knock on impact was an immediate end to brothel business.

It’s a shame really as it was very handy. I imagine most of the pimps/girls took on a short term apartment for a week or two at a time and moved on. There used to be a lovely conveyor belt of female talent visible from time to time in the lobby, lift etc. A nice contrast to red faced muldoons up from PwC Cork to assist in a Dublin audit.

There was a previous Irish Times article saying the building owner wanted to sell these 40/50 odd apartments on floors 1-4 in one transaction. The building’s been very quiet since then as nobody’s living in these apartments yet - just workers carrying out renovations etc.

They forced out the ground floor yoga crowd just before Christmas. I don’t know if the lease was up in this case too but Init had a message on their website expressing upset and saying they couldn’t fight the owner’s financial firepower amidst growing legal bills.

These issues, bar some inconsistent/unreliable post delivery, haven’t affected penthouse dwellers as of yet according to my sources.

2 Likes

Good news

1 Like

What a waste of money.

A wonderful amenity for a great sport .

Weirdo.

2 Likes