Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

The clusterfuck in Limerick has crippled them for nearly 20 years now.

Whats this bro?

Fair comment but it’s location isn’t the best and it opened at the height of the recession . A fabulous facility and HQ . They need to really start to market the place . Only for the benefit nights it would be tumbleweed .

Shelbourne Park will be grand .

They made a bollocks of a stadium down there and had to sell Harold’s X to recoup the money.

Shelbourne is a great local night out. Would like to see more than just Ted Hegarty on the rails though.

1 Like

Market it to who?

To folk who spend too much time on the internet .

Weirdo.

Greyhound racing is disgusting. It is pure promotion of gambling and shouldn’t get a cent from the exchequer.

Its an activity for weak minded addicts.

The vast majority of betting is done on the Tote. So it contributes a lot.

If you really want to know mate.

Epic in it’s stupidity

1 Like

Ah lads. Thats incredible. They’d have been better off burning it to the ground.

They’d have been a way better off if they never bothered and spent a €1m doing up the markets field.

1 Like

Signing in. Working in the area now. I must visit this 51 you speak of.

2 Likes

The 51 bus is closer than the 51 pub pal.

1 Like

Superb. I’ll be sure to say hello if I spot someone sitting at the dock with a bag of magic mushrooms and the headphones on at lunchtime.

3 Likes

Be careful if you buy coffee in Il Valentino-the lids are defective and you’ll end up with coffee spilling onto your shirt.

1 Like

“Fresh” ironically continue to sell gone off fruit all these years later.

Do you frequent Lotts & Co, brah? They’re rotisserie chicken sandwich is fucking gorgeballs.

1 Like

The odd time, mate. I prefer a cooked breakfast / lunch at the weekend so would rarely enough be in the market for a sandwich. But I’d certainly use them if I worked in the area.

1 Like