Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

If you were to read the opening paragraph youā€™d think they were trying to knock a few quid off the price :grinning:

The water is thronged with kayakers and youngsters in wetsuits simply jumping in for the craic. The distinctive yellow Viking Splash Tours - a tour of Dublin on land and water in a Second World War amphibious vehicle, puts in an appearance many times each day; the passengers roaring in unison at the behest of their driver. And there is construction activity wherever you look, with buildings going up in every direction.

2 Likes

No mention of the view over a bus terminal either so canā€™t be @Bandage

1 Like

1.6 fucking millionā€¦

youā€™d want your head examined

You canā€™t put a price on convenience, although they are giving it a good go tbf

Iā€™d say thereā€™s a grand view of Busarus from there.

You have to spend money to make money, chief.

Can you take in the dog racing ??

Look at the pictures, pal. Thereā€™s a beautiful row of Dublin Buses across the water glistening in the summer sun.

thereā€™s hope for Alison so

I wonder how has she been getting on since? Time flys.

ā€œant if u luck two de roight, u will see de boyz ov dub-a-lin in der wet sewts doivin in da watarrr cos dats wat de boyz of dub-a-lin do for de crack likeā€

I remember vividly looking on with envy at a friend at a bar buying rounds for everyone, boasting how he could afford it because of his generous variable rate in the current conditions

unreal, this is an incredible piece really, it gets better every time i read it

4 Likes

i was just going to make the same pointā€¦the entitlementā€¦fuckin hell

her gaf, is probably worth about what she paid for it nowā€¦

By now she should be out in the suburbs with her dreamhouse with a white picket fence. I bet @Fagan_ODowd ā€˜s house has a white picket fence.

Cheaper than continuously putting FAANG execs up in the Marker Hotel suites day in, day out.

Caffe Nero going into the unit vacated by Donnybrook Fair in between Il Valentino and Crystal Boat.

cc @Horsebox, @Blake, @Matty_Hislop, @Crutches.

There appeared to be a live band playing during the residentsā€™ BBQ yesterday. Did any of you take the opportunity to mingle?

I was up in Herbert Park yesterday mate, the Dublin Concert Band were playing out on the lawns, lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon, two great play areas for the kids too. Had a nice roast in the 51 after.

1 Like

/original/3X/2/f/2f4e06aad4c1b97c08ade4129c98d532bba965f9.MP4

Capital Docks spring a leak?

It appears it did. From the top to the bottom.