Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

Where’s best for Sunday mass in the area? I’ve been heading to St Patrick’s in Ringsend a bit lately and quite like the chubby old priest. He has a nice line in self-deprecating wit which was on display again yesterday in his Vocation Sunday sermon. He was expressing his wish that more younger people might be called to religious life as “the last time most of us priests saw 50 was the Walkinstown bus.”

3 Likes

You’ll get that on Vocation Sunday.

Was there a nice line in the Prayers of the Faithful about praying for pregnant women?

@Bandage and @Sandymount_Red have you been to the new Charlotte Quay restaurant/pub place yet?

The new one open since September 2016?

1 Like

ooofffttttt

Yes, it’s okay. Not amazing or anything. You can retire to the weird little small bar next door for a drink afterwards.

1 Like

Is it open that long yeah? Fucking hell it’s so hidden away I only copped it a while ago. Is it any use?

Oh look, an informative post answering my query. How nice.

cc @Spidey

I know you’re watching your financial outgoings lately, but they do a pre theatre menu and you can enjoy a couple of courses for c.€25. A little glass of Montepulciano with your steak and you’re laughing, mate.

1 Like

That’s very reasonable, mate.

We go there on the odd Thursday on the way home from work. We should arrange to meet up.

We really should. Maybe mention it to @Bisto as well.

Doesn’t sound like his type of place. Maybe if you subsituted Montepulciano with can of Dutch Gold and steak with battered burger

3 Likes

No sign of the RNLI of course.

4 Likes

where’s your fucking Viking roars now you noisy cunts ?

3 Likes

:rollseyes:

1 Like

that chap is an outstanding snowflake id imagine
@Bandage - his balconey seems very impressive BTW

High jinks

Are you selling up @Bandage ?