Tottenham Hotspur, the Ryan Mason variant

‘Bin dipper’? It’s an old (primarily) London slur at people from Liverpool. Essentially it says they are poor and have to get their food out of bins.

The “victims” line is one bandied about by various sickos post Hillsborough. Anyone that uses Hillsborough, Munich, etc. for point-scoring lacks any class.

1 Like

Including by a Spurs fan who is not Jewish

Childish and in bad taste no matter who uses it,
Do the Liverpool fans take this shit very seriously or what? Never seen so much whining

Spurs fans use the term themselves, but I think that’s in the context of reclaiming the word (it comes from Yiddish). I would say it would be tolerated for Jewish Spurs fans to use it, but would be not so outside of that? A bit like using the ‘n’ word in a ‘friendly’ context if you’re not black

I’m an Irishman on the INTERNET, who bar some relations on my grandmother’s side, has no direct links to Liverpool. I’d say if you were from the city and you got this shite (particularly from Londoners - remember Thatcher-era Britain embarked on a policy of ‘managed decline’ of the city) I would say you would find it very very offensive.

It was a very good game, Spurs probably had the best of it to be honest, Liverpool had a man sent off for a very obvious red card foul, they had the run of the green in my opinion with the second goal,
You’d swear they were robbed reading here, they weren’t, I won’t say any more, I don’t give a shit

I think overall it was an awful display of refereeing.

The one big call he got right was the Robertson sending off. I only saw bits of second half (saw all of first) but Spurs had a lot of chances.

It was a very entertaining game. I’m sure both managers won’t have been happy with how sloppy their teams were.

1 Like

Heysel?

2 Likes

Well he gave a yellow to Robertson initially and was corrected by VAR. And he came up with spurious reasoning to deny the Jota penalty claim. The VAR ref is responsible for not sending off Kane.

These things tend to even themselves out over the course of the season. Kane’s tackle was definitely a red too which you must have missed. Spurs are an improving force under Conte and I think they’ll run Man United close for 4th spot. On the balance of play they should have won yesterday but you also have to factor in that the core of Liverpool’s defence and midfield was absent with Covid related illness which beggars the question as to whether the match should have been played at all. Spurs evidently benefitted from their 2 weeks rest due to a similar outbreak and had all their big hitters available yesterday.

1 Like

I would suggest the 39 people that died that day and their families were the victims mate. Not LFC, their supporters, the city, or those scumbags that caused the deaths.

Christ above… They were denied a stone wall peno and a sending off that changes the game. You Yids are clueless.

Fair enough. I’m not sure which was worse. The penalty call or the Kane call.

Seriously mate, it’s just an EPL game, let it go

1 Like

A draw isn’t the end of the world but the gaudy, artificial feel around Manchester City is detestable. It hurt losing ground on that shower. Yet all you’ll hear on Sky Sports are eulogies about their tremendous brand of football. No mention of their extortionate spending or the nasty element amongst their playing staff who sang songs taunting Sean Cox on the bus home from Brighton in 2019. I would love it if we beat them again, love it.

I watched the game as a neutral and shall make the following observations:

Harry Kane should have been sent off for that lunge.

Robertson was correctly sent off for his kick at Royal

Jota should have been awarded a penalty for a foul on him

Dele Alli should have been awarded a penalty for a similar foul on him

Roberton’s goal should have been disallowed as Salah handled the ball in the build-up.

That makes 5 contentious refereeing decisions. It has been generally accepted that there is no argument with Robertson’s red card.

That leaves 4, of which two went in favour of Liverpool and two in favour of Tottenham.

What are the Liverpool fans having such a fit over?

8 Likes

An accidental handball in the lead up to a goal doesn’t disallow the goal per the rules this season so that decision was correct.

There is a conspiracy to stop them from winning the league

That’s about as conversation ending correctness as can be presented right there

Bizarre carryon

1 Like

That wasn’t accidental for fuck sake

1 Like